Cennox is a thriving, energetic, global solutions company with a Make it Happen attitude and Business Sense at the forefront of its decisions. We take our customers data security seriously and protect them, and their customers in this ever-challenging industry to ensure cyber threats do not breach our walls.
As a Cyber Security Officer, you will play a vital role in creating and enabling the cyber security strategy and approach that ensures that Cennox is able to achieve the accreditation in ISO27001 and other IT/Cyber accreditations as they become applicable.
Responsibilities of this role also include guarding all company data, particularly sensitive data, from both internal and external threat by designing defenses against potential intruders. You must hold a degree in IT systems, IT technology or a similar field and have proven working experience in a similar role with a broad knowledge of IT software, hardware and networks. As a global company, you will be protecting overseas offices so you will need to be articulate, have excellent communication skills and be able to liaise with all levels to train others in protecting themselves.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide guidance around technical security risks, aiding delivery teams with solution implementation to meet the expected controls to ensure compliance to ISO27001 ISMS policies, legal, regulatory, or contractual obligations.
- Be accountable for reviewing and reporting on allocated functions obligations as above.
- Take ownership of specific horizon scanning and engaging with external research and advisory organisations, industry bodies, customers, and 3rd party vendors to ensure current knowledge and skills are maintained; ensuring that IS can enhance innovation, improve productivity, and ultimately drive revenue.
- Review project designs, offering actionable recommendations to the project team.
- Improve on or develop new processes, procedures, policies, standards, and guidelines to continuously improve cyber security maturity and promote awareness while providing consistent interpretation of policies.
- Define the scope for penetration tests, vulnerability assessments and technical reviews, evaluating results and driving on appropriate remedial actions.
In this role, you will help keep cybercrime at bay, using your expertise and analytical skills to monitor our data at all points of contact, ferret out malware and ransomware events, and recommend solutions to minimize vulnerabilities. You will have a vast understanding of cybersecurity standards and certifications, extensive knowledge on how cybercriminals work, and the determination to never let them in. To beat the hackers, you need to think like a hacker, have excellent analytical skills and forensic foresight.
Skill and experience required:
- Proven experience of working within a similar Information Security / Cyber Security Operations Management position.
- Strong background within Security Operations and a strong technical knowledge and understanding.
- Strong background within Security Incident Management and Vulnerability Management.
- Certification in Information Security (CISSP, CISM etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Knowledge & appreciation for ISO 27001/27002, the Network & Information Systems Regulations (NIS) and ITIL.
Cennox offer flexibility and hybrid working. We are a developing culture adapting to current trends and want our staff feel a part of our growth. We are looking for likeminded individuals to join our team and want you, to feel part of our family.
If you think you have the skills required and would like to know more, please contact our recruitment team now for more information and a full job description.
Please be aware all successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a pre-employment screening process, inclusive but not limited to: financial, criminal record and references.
Within Cennox, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our staff, our products, our customers, and our community. Cennox are proud to encourage suitably skilled and qualified applications from all walks of life, regardless of your personal characteristics.
As a Level 1 Disability Confident employer, we are proud to welcome applicants with disabilities, and providing you meet the minimum job requirements, we will ensure you are offered an interview and the opportunity to suggest adjustments to help you perform at your best.
Thank you for your interest in our open vacancy at Cennox. Your application has been received and we will be reviewing CV’s shortly.
Due to the high volume of responses, if you do not hear from us within 14 days, please assume your application at has not been successful at this time but we wish you well in your search for employment.
In the meantime, should anything change with your job search, do let me know.