Are you an experienced Warehouse Team Leader looking for a new opportunity?
We are looking for an individual who is self-motivated, has excellent attention to detail and is keen to lay roots within a company which are growing year on year. You would be joining an organisation that embraces change, who are positive, curious and respect each other. We believe this enables and empowers individual success in people like you.
Your role will be to assist the Supervisor and Shift Manager in driving team targets, Opertune, 5S and quality checks.
You will provide coaching support for the wider team and supervising the team in the Supervisors absence to ensure consistent achievement of the volume, quality and efficiency of targets is achieved. This ensures that Whistl continues to deliver the highest quality, most cost effective offering for it’s customers across all products.
People and Resource Management
- Act as a role model, demonstrating a professional and courteous manner in all dealings with colleagues, internal/external stakeholders and clients.
- Assist the co-ordination of shift activities, delegating and prioritising workloads
- Monitor and report on staff attendance, conduct and performance in line with company policies and procedures.
- Train team members on induction to support personal development and/or performance improvement on the team.
- Assist in the compilation of team performance reporting across business including KPI, absence, skills, conduct and health & safety reporting.
- Act as Supervisor in their absence.
- Support the briefing and debriefing of team members and colleagues on a daily basis.
- Assist in the development of a strong team culture by building effective relationships with colleagues from around the business and sharing information in order to maximise efficiency.
- Adhere to and maintain all standard operating procedures in the warehouse, supporting the evaluation of team members to ensure all staff are trained and operating accordingly.
- Drive the Opertune initiatives in the depot maintaining the 5S across the operation.
- Understand and assist the Supervisor in carrying out quality checks against process and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external regulatory requirements, e.g.the Mail Integrity Code of Practice, Safety; Health and Environment regulations; Carriage of Dangerous Goods regulations; and, Data Protection and Information Security regulations etc.
- Comply with all Health, Safety and Environment policies and other relevant regulations ensuring accurate recording and reporting of any incidents, accidents or near misses.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to disseminate information effectively both internally and externally according to audience and situation.
- Influencing and feedback skills to support people and process management.
- Able to manage own work in order to meet deadlines whilst maintaining performance standards and a consistent high degree of accuracy.
- Competent working with Microsoft Excel and Outlook to record and communicate information.
- For some Supervisory roles, a Fork Lift Truck (FLT) Licence, First Aid, Fire Warden or relevant Health & Safety Training will be required.
About The Company
Whistl are a delivery management company providing efficient, high-quality and competitively priced services across Business Mail, Parcels, Fulfilment and Doordrop Media both in the UK and internationally. Distributing more than 4 billion items annually, we are market leaders in Downstream Access Mail (DSA) services handling over 50% of bulk business mail in the UK.
Whistl is a Disability Confident employer and is committed to equal opportunities for all in all of our employment policies and practices.
Due to the nature of our business, this role may be subject to a basic DBS check.