Careers with Disabilities are proud to welcome ScotRail to our disability-friendly network of employers. Visit the ScotRail profile on the Careers with Disabilities directory to learn more about ScotRail and their commitments to disability-inclusion.
ScotRail provide approximately 100 million passenger journeys every year. The ScotRail railway runs 2,300 intercity, regional and suburban rail services a day, and includes more than 340 stations and under 800 trains.
ScotRail currently employs over 5000 people. There are a range of opportunities at ScotRail to suit a broad array of interests, skills and talents. The career opportunities on offer range from Hospitality and Customer Experience to on-board passenger roles such as Conductors, Ticket Examiners, Train Preparation and Train Drivers.
Diversity and Inclusion at ScotRail
ScotRail is committed to developing a workforce as diverse as the communities it serves.
ScotRail is a supportive place to work where people of all backgrounds and experience can achieve a successful career. Their employee networks enable workers to build connections, develop support systems and access networking and developmental opportunities.
The Top Employers Institute officially recognised ScotRail as a Top Employer 2020 in the UK. Organisations certified as Tops Employers dedicate themselves to providing the very best working environment for employees through their progressive ‘people-first’ HR practices.
Opportunities for jobseekers
There are a range of career opportunities at ScotRail. They have committed to ensuring talented people from all backgrounds have an equal opportunity to work and succeed at ScotRail.
ScotRail offer a full range of career routes, including:
- Hospitality and Customer Experience
- On-board passenger roles such as Conductors, Ticket Examiners, Train Preparation and Train Drivers
- Marketing, Social Media and Communications
- Human Resources and Procurement
- Project Management
Transport impacts everyone. ScotRail are committed to increasing the representation of people from underrepresented groups in all grades, roles and professions to help to better reflect their customers and wider community. There are a number of benefits to working at ScotRail, these include:
- Free rail travel on all ScotRail services for you, your partner and children
- Defined Pension Benefit Scheme from day one
- Employee Assistance Programme, giving free and confidential advice to colleagues
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Access to the Transport Credit Union
- Annual cycle to work discount scheme
- One volunteering day a year, paid
Visit our employer directory and jobs board to browse opportunities with our full network of disability-friendly employer network.