Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km’s of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open.
What you will be doing
As the Wastewater Modeller, you will support the development, management and updating of waste network models to fulfil business requirements. You will work towards becoming a technical specialist in hydraulic modelling, on whom Thames Water can draw on for technical expertise and systems understanding.
Some key requirements of the role include:
- Planning and supervising asset and flow surveys
- Carrying out site visits to enhance catchment understanding
- ICM model build and calibration using appropriate data sources. Models must meet the Thames Water ISO9001 model build standard
- Evaluating network performance and the impact of change at pipe and system level
- Finding potential solutions to mitigate current/ future risks or enhance performance
We’re looking for you to:
- Be educated to degree level, have relevant experience or professional qualification in either asset management, engineering, scientific or an environmental based subject which sets a strong foundation for success in this role
- Be knowledgeable in wastewater networks and have previous working experience at a sewerage undertaker/consultancy contracted to a sewerage undertaker
- Be knowledgeable and proficient in using ICM/CS modelling software to complete modelling task
- Have excellent IT skills, strong numeric and data analytical skills to generate accurate and detailed reporting
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to clearly interact with stakeholders
- Travel across our operational area (so a full driving licence is required)
What’s in it for you?
Working within the systems modelling team, you will have the opportunity to carry out modelling work relating to the 350+ sewage treatment works catchments across the whole Thames Water region. A rewarding position within the company, it will allow you to apply a broad understanding of wastewater networks across a wide range of challenges, as well as contribute to the development and improvement of modelling tools and procedures in a friendly and proficient team of process and network modellers.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme.
We’re proud of the positive ways of working we have adopted during the pandemic. We want to create a more flexible and dynamic environment so all our colleagues can thrive. For our office-based roles we are moving to a hybrid approach where we will provide options around working from our offices, our operational sites and home dependent on role/team/individual. This will be discussed during the assessment process.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader and we are a Times Top 50 Employer for Women.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally