Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km’s of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open.
What you will be doing
The Inventory Operations & Supply team provides warehousing, storage and distribution of materials and critical equipment across the entire business.
You will be required to provide safe custody and real time visibility of our stock holdings which are then prepared for despatch in line with agreed customer service levels.
We provide first class professional delivery and collection services in order to meet agreed service levels and support the operational teams when facing customer/operational incidences.
All duties are to be completed in accordance with transport legislation and working time directive.
Please note that this is a Temporary position.
We’re looking for you to:
- Ensure that stock levels in the distribution centres reflect real time holdings both on a physical and system basis
- Receiving, picking and packing materials in line with operational KPIs
- Progressing goods in and goods out areas of activity in line with operational KPIs
- Ensure vehicles are loaded on time every time
- Comply with stock management principles and governance
- Provide support to the wider business during times of operational incidents
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Fork lift truck license
- Warehouse and inventory management experience
- Basic numeracy and conversational English language
- Working knowledge of SAP Warehouse Management and RFID technology (preferable)
What’s in it for you?
Do you want to be part of an award-winning Supply Chain excellence team that is making a real difference to the resilience of Thames Water by providing critical, on-time and reliable logistical services?
Would you jump at the chance to join our high performing, flagship Logistics Management Centre?
Do you have a passion for shaping the way Water is managed for our customers for generations to come?
The Logistics Management Centre (LMC) is a centralised operation providing a single point of contact for Thames Water’s operational business 24/7/365.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader and we are a Times Top 50 Employer for Women.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally