Creative Support is a national not-for-profit organisation providing care and support to individuals with a wide range of needs. We are currently looking for a caring individual to join us as a Waking Night Support Worker in the village of Blythe Bridge, Stoke-on-Trent.
We are looking for a warm and compassionate Waking Night Support Worker to support adults with learning disabilities and autism. You will be able to engage and communicate positively with all tenants. The people we support enjoy a range of activities including swimming, walks in the park, visiting restaurants and getting in to the hot tub!
The ideal candidate will be respectful and able to provide excellent support including: personal care, administering medication and help with domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning. You will also be passionate about enabling and encouraging our service users to enjoy a fulfilling and valued life, and to develop their abilities to the fullest.
Support Worker Duties:
– Flexible working hours to include weekends and bank holidays,
– Assisting with living duties such as budgeting, shopping and supporting with medication and any personal care that may be required,
– You will collaborate with service users, families, carers, and involved professionals to provide a coordinated and consistent service that maximises outcomes for service users
– Be responsive to the needs of service users in line with Person Centred Plans and respond flexibly to changing needs
– Encourage and support service users in expressing needs, views and concerns, enabling them to make their own choices and decisions
Due to the rural location of the service, car drivers are preferred however not an essential requirement for this role. Previous care experience is desired but not essential, as full training is provided.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally