Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are currently seeking highly motivated Waking Night Concierge Support Workers to join our friendly team in Blackpool, Lancashire. If you are seeking a rewarding career which has a positive impact on the lives of others, then we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for respectful, warm and enthusiastic individuals to work in our Blackpool Complex Needs Service. The service is comprised of self-contained flats, accommodating 10 individuals with complex support needs. You will work alongside dedicated staff teams to provide person-centred support that enables our service users to develop the necessary life skills for independent living. As a Waking Night Concierge Support Worker, you will manage building security and act as an initial contact for service users when on duty. You will support people to access other services which will benefit their physical, emotional and financial wellbeing and will support people to access meaningful and engaging activities both in their scheme and the local community.
Waking Night Concierge Support Worker Duties:
• Managing building security and acting as an initial contact for service users when on duty,
• Supporting individuals with the wide range of activities they enjoy at the service and within the Blackpool area, e.g. going out for meals, visiting the beach, gardening, having movie nights and playing board games,
• Developing and sustaining warm and trusting relationships with service users,
• Record keeping,
• Supporting with home maintenance,
• Carrying out some light cleaning duties.
Although we value relevant experience of supporting people in a community-based service, you do not need to have prior experience if you can demonstrate a ‘can-do approach’, person-centred values, energy and commitment. You will have a strong work ethic and duty of care and be able to contribute to a positive team approach. You must be able to work independently.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
• Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme,
• Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
• Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff,
• All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams,
• Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma.
• A one-off bonus of £100 (subject to tax and national insurance deductions) upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period.
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally