We have a great opportunity at Thames Water for a Treasury Analyst, in which you will gain exposure to our wider business and all elements of treasury operations.
The purpose of this role is to play a key part in daily banking operations, cash forecasting and cash settlements; with a focus on a strong control environment, seeking continuous improvement and driving innovation & best practice.
What makes this role unique?
Do you pride yourself on being able to make a real difference through your commitment and passion for continuous improvement? Do you want to take your Treasury career to the next level by being part of the team responsible for one of the largest corporate debt programmes in the UK in support of our ambitious capital investment programme?
You will support the Group’s bank account management and settlement processes in relation to Group debt obligations of over £14bn, the annual group interest cost of about £500m and a derivatives book with a notional value of over £9bn.
- Preparing day to day cash positions for the daily cash management process and production of short-term cash forecasts.
- Undertaking settlement and confirmation processes including checking relevant calculations.
- Ensuring the timely and accurate recording of information within the Treasury Management System.
- Preparation of bank mandates, maintenance of signatory lists, preparation of Know Your Customer information and liaison with external banking counterparties
- Supporting the management of intercompany loans and payments.
- Liaising with Treasury colleagues to ensure transactions are recorded and accounted for properly.
- Supporting the production of reporting and analysis on Treasury operating activities.
- Monitoring bank account activity and opening and closing bank accounts.
- Ensuring all activities are undertaken in compliance with treasury policy and procedures and to develop new procedures where required.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrable knowledge of cash management, the UK banking market, financial institutions and Treasury debt, investment and derivative transactions.
- Experience in developing Treasury procedures and a good understanding of the different ways in which a controlled environment can be enhanced to manage risk along with a mindset that continually challenges and seeks to improve the status quo.
- The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail and be confident with challenging the norm. You will have experience in the use of Treasury technology including Treasury Management Systems and eBanking portals.
What’s in it for you:
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days of paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally