TMO Customer Service Advisor
RAF Croughton, NN13 5XP
Full time, 39 hours
The TMO CSA is responsible for assisting with the efficient operation of traffic management activities. Manages effective use of military and commercial transportation to move personal property. Classifies and arranges personal property for shipment or storage. Arranges official air travel, performs customs pre-clearance inspections and ensures movers are in compliance with tender of service.
The role will report directly to the TMO Supervisor at Croughton and will be responsible for 4 staff
- Reports directly to and assists the TMO Supervisor with all TMO related matters in support of the Contract.
- Plan and organise outbound and inbound personal property moves to worldwide locations.
- Prepare shipment applications, counselling forms and applicable custom documents.
- Counsel personnel and eligible dependents on personal property movements and applicable customs requirements. Review official travel orders and determine transportation entitlements.
- Assist customer with arranging movement of privately owned vehicle and counsel them on preparation requirements prior to shipment.
- Utilize computer systems to set up personal property outbound pick-ups and inbound delivery dates.
- Perform agriculture inspections on outbound personal property at customer’s residence prior to pick up to ensure cleanliness of items and that shipment is pest free
- Conduct Quality Assurance (QA) inspections at customer’s residence or by phone of all moves to ensure moving companies are packing, picking up and delivering shipments in accordance with the tender of service.
- Conduct semi-annual moving company warehouse inspections to ensure facilities comply with Security, fire prevention and suitability to store personal property shipments.
- Conduct monthly agriculture inspections of moving company warehouses to ensure facilities are clean, pest free and suitable to store personal property shipments destined for the United States.
- Operate left hand drive sedan to perform agriculture, QA and warehouse inspections. Area of coverage is local, London, Midlands, Southwest and Wales. Long journeys required and sometimes an overnight stay needed.
- Prepare, maintain and issue travel documents. Process pay adjustment forms when excess costs are involved with commercial travel.
- Perform after hours emergency travel standby. Arrange airline flights with 24 hour CTO and issue travel documents to customer.
- Maintain passenger travel files.
- Support as required with outbound and inbound cargo movements and produce customs forms
- Plan and organise outbound and inbound personal property moves as required by the customer
- Prepare shipment applications, counselling forms and applicable custom documents
- Counsel personnel and eligible persons on personal property movement and customs requirements
- Utilize designated computer based operating platforms to set up personal property collections and deliveries.
- Arrange with third party carriers for the commercial transportation of personal property.
- Support the TMO Supervisor with any other tasks that are required within the AMC Contract
What we are looking for in our candidates:
The successful candidate will need to have sole or dual US Citizenship to enable them to hold a SCBCA and EUCOM Customs Agent role which will form part of the overall TMO Customer Advisor Role
To be able to communicate with customers and staff in an articulate and professional manner whilst being effective.
Able to work as part of a team
Strong administrative and organisational skills
Computer literate and ability to learn unfamiliar computer programmes
Full clean driving license
Prior knowledge or understanding of passenger travel, inspections or cargo management would be desirable, but training will be offered.
The role is subject to gaining the appropriate Security Clearance
The geographical area covered within this function is diverse within the UK and so there will be occasions when long driving distances are covered.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and [email protected] (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
We’re a Disability Confident employer and are committed to equal opportunities. If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally