Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open.
What you will be doing
This is an exciting predominately field-based role, working as part of a close and supportive Field Operations team within Waste Pumping. You will be focused on maintaining and improving pumping station infrastructure, managing projects and activities across a designated catchment, and providing support to the team on larger scale projects.
You will be responsible for designing complex jobs for works at our pumping stations and ensure any prerequisites are in place to allow work to be completed by the Field Technicians.
This role is very diverse and consists of a wide range of tasks some of which are enlisted below:
- Use technical expertise and data captured from the field to design operationally critical jobs
- Highlight key operational risks across the area and present these to obtain funding
- Maintain the availability of plant and equipment and optimise pumping station performance
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with other internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide expert advice on technical issues and generate solutions to operational risks
- Carry out data analysis on pumping stations to recognise trends and drive continuous improvement
- Obtain quotes, order materials and 3rd party services through our framework contractors
- Ensure all aspects of Health and Safety are managed correctly, through safe system of work approval, reviewing RAMS, permitting and site audits.
We’re looking for you to:
- Demonstrate a good business/stakeholder awareness, together with an innovative and creative approach to problem solving.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to clearly interact with your field-based colleagues and key stakeholders.
- Have previous experience of technical job design and/or prerequisite management within a utility company would be desirable.
- Possess strong IT literacy skills as all work is managed through a SAP system and user training for this and other standard software systems will be provided.
- Take Care of yourself and others, we have a zero-compromise approach to Health and Safety at Thames Water and it is critical that all of our employees go home safe and well at the end of each day.
What’s in it for you!
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to become a dedicated expert in designing, coordinating and project management. You will build and develop strong working relationships with your field based colleagues to enable them to complete their scheduled duties.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader and we are a Times Top 50 Employer for Women.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally