Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
The Talent Specialist plays an integral role within the Global Talent Experience team and has a key focus to partner closely with hiring managers to attract, assess and engage the best talent in the market and facilitate best-in-class candidate experiences.
As a Talent Specialist you will be the primary contact point for internal and external candidates and will build authentic #human relationships to support their candidate journey from attraction through to selection.
You’ll take a proactive recruitment approach, working closely with the Talent Business Partners, global Talent Experience team and wider business to establish relationships, ensuring our recruitment process is efficient and effective.
You will be a Xero brand ambassador across your relevant talent communities to build awareness of Xero and promote Xero as an Employer of choice.
This is an initial 12 month fixed term contract, with potential future conversion to a permanent position.
Success looks like:
- Owning and managing end-to-end talent acquisition process for teams across the UK & EMEA
- Collaborating closely with the Talent Experience team – in-region and globally
- Providing advice and guidance to hiring managers to ensure recruitment campaigns are managed in a timely and effective manner
- Attracting high-calibre passive talent through innovative sourcing campaigns, platforms and initiatives
What you’ll do:
- Plan and execute recruitment activity to ensure top talent is sourced from active and passive candidate markets
- Educate and advise hiring managers on best practice hiring techniques
- Utilise creative sourcing strategies to cultivate top talent and build talent pipelines
- Represent Xero in the market in a way that exemplifies Xero values and creates a #beautiful hiring experience
- Work closely with the UK People Experience team to coordinate induction and onboarding
- Support and attend events and meet-ups to raise awareness of Xero vacancies and the profile of Xero as an employer of choice
What you’ll bring with you – Critical Competencies:
- Balancing Stakeholders – understand the expectations and needs of both internal and external stakeholders, taking a proactive approach to shaping, influencing, balancing and aligning stakeholder interests
- Building Relationships – ability to build networks of genuine trust and loyalty with colleagues, candidates, and within the community
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills – adept at influencing, negotiating and building rapport with people across teams, functions, cultures and levels
- Drive for Results – a bias for action, intrinsic motivation, maximizing opportunities and making bold decisions at the right times
- Resilience & Adaptability – ability to successfully navigate a fast-paced, high-growth environment, excelling in the face of ambiguity and frequent change. Effective with limited information or direction; comfortable with risk and uncertainty; self-directed and proactive
What you’ll bring with you – Experience:
- Experience recruiting for a dynamic and diverse portfolio of roles, preferably in a high-growth global business
- Demonstrable track record of attracting high-quality passive candidates
- An understanding of recruitment systems and sourcing platforms
- Experience participating in cross-functional projects
What we value:
- Challenge: Xeros dream big, lead and embrace change
- Beautiful: Xeros create experiences that people love
- Team: Xeros are great team players
- Ownership: Xeros deliver on our commitments
- Human: Xeros are authentic, inclusive and really care
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package with benefits that support a range of lifestyle choices and requirements and the opportunity to participate in Xero’s success through our Long Term Incentive scheme. Xero has rapidly expanding offices in London, Milton Keynes and Manchester and our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, and Disability Confident committed. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally