Do you want a rewarding career where you can really make a difference?
Are you an experienced direct marketing professional with strong digital skills that would benefit a leading mental health charity acquire new donors?
If so, you may be the person we are looking for.
We’re Rethink Mental Illness, a leading charity provider of mental health services in England. We support thousands of people through our groups, services, policy, campaigns and advice and information. Our work supports us in delivering on our mission: “A better life for everyone severely affected by mental illness.”
We have a new exciting opportunity for a Supporter Fundraising Manager to join our established and friendly Fundraising team. You will join us on a permanent contract working full time, 35 hours per week.
This role is agile; meaning you shall partly be based in our offices in Vauxhall London, coupled with remotely working from home.
In everything we do, we seek to demonstrate our values: Passion, Commitment, Openness, Hope, Expertise and Understanding. If these values resonate with you, we would love to hear from you.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for developing and delivering activities across a broad number of channels, but primarily digital and telemarketing, to acquire new individual donors to give on a regular or ad hoc basis. This is to maximise income generation to both Rethink Mental Illness and Mental Health UK, our UK-wide charity of which Rethink Mental Illness is 1 of 4 founding members.
You will work closely with the rest of the Fundraising team, external suppliers and colleagues elsewhere in the organisation to develop fundraising strategies and communications for recruiting different audiences, to maximise lead conversion, ROI and lifetime value.
Over time, dependent on initial success and building the case for investment, you may be supported by 1-2 officers to help you deliver an expanding portfolio of recruitment activity.
You will also be:
- Overseeing the overall acquisition plan for the year to ensure campaigns are delivered on time and budget
- Product innovation, proposition and audience development.
- Advising teams on digital best practice.
- Managing supporter journeys and appeals for Mental Health UK
- Optimising data capture, processing and tracking
Do you have what we are looking for?
- Strong experience of managing and delivering digital marketing campaigns (ads, search, social and email), as well as in some other channels such as telemarketing and direct mail. Being able to manage complex multi-channel campaigns and journeys for different products, ideally in fundraising will be key.
- Experience of audience targeting, segmentation, testing and response analysis and associated impacts on budget monitoring and forecasting.
- Proven experience of working to and exceeding targets and KPIs
- An effective communicator in both oral and written English able to communicate sensitive issues clearly to non-specialist audiences, a confident copywriter and editor, and an eye for design
- Team player, establishes good working relationships and works confidently with a range of professionals; values and works effectively in a diverse environment
- Experience of procuring and working with external suppliers and stakeholders
- Sound understanding of relevant fundraising regulations and data protection regulation
What will you receive?
You will have plenty of opportunities to enhance your abilities with the chance to make a real difference every day. In addition, you will have excellent development opportunities including funded training, career development and a range e-learning courses. You will also receive:
- Salary of £35,722.24 to 39,273.67 per annum (Incl. of London Weighting)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance and employee assistance programme
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Your "Rethink Day" – 1 day’s additional leave (pro rata) on your Birthday
- Eyecare vouchers
- Flexible working
Don’t just change jobs, change lives!
We welcome applications from everyone, applicants with lived experience, those who are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning+ (LGBTQ+), people with a disability, or those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds are actively encouraged to apply. We are proud to have also been awarded Disability Confident employer status. We have an ambition of becoming an anti-racist organisation and we recognise there is more to do in ensuring our recruitment is fair and inclusive, which is why we are recruiting new roles in helping us to achieve this. Please be mindful that we may need to close adverts early if we receive a high volume of applications, we therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible. If a shortened closing date has a significant impact on your ability to apply, please let us know.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally