We have opened a brand new service in Colchester! This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the very few social care organisations that are members of the great places to work programme 2019, 2020 and 2021.
This is a permanent Support Worker role offering a rate of £9.20 per hour in the Colchester area.
Full UK driving licence essential
Why join us?
- 30 days annual leave pro-rata (including bank holidays) and if that wasn’t enough we increase it by a day a year
- All work and no play is not fun, You can save with discounts off your favourite shops, restaurants and great days out
- A 24 Hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family members.
- Long Service Awards, Life Assurance and Pension scheme.
- Great Induction and training opportunities including the Care Certificate, and Diploma in Health & Social Care.
- Dimensions is proud to be one of the very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2021.
Whether you are looking for Full time, Part time or Relief work, we want you to join us!
Dimensions are welcoming one gentleman and one female into their own supported living homes around end of August 2021, as its time for them to be more independent.
One gentleman is caring, cheeky and has a fun sense of humour. He enjoys leisure activities with support such as ; jigsaw puzzles, looking at trains on the computer, art and crafts, drawing, playing games, multi-gym, yoga, playing the WII and social time, College, shopping, life skills, music sessions and would like to in the future have an allotment that he can maintain and grow vegetables. He requires staff that are able to engage with him in a fun and energetic way whilst taking the time to teach him new skills. He will require a confident, stable and consistent core staff team who he can build relationships, trust and gain a rapport with.
The young woman (19 years old) is currently living at home with family to become independent. She very much enjoys being socialable and being involved in different activities. This woman is happy, playful and likes people to be close to her, enjoys affection and loves a cuddle. She is very adventurous and likes to give things a go. Whilst at home she enjoys watching TV, Dublex bricks, dolls, slap stick videos, arts and crafts and many more!
We will be looking for staff who are reliable with shifts and hours, shifts will include weekend work as well as in the week, and shifts can start from 07:00 with the latest shifts finishing at 22:00.
This is a really exciting opportunity to support young adults with moving into their own home and teaching them life skills to become more independent.
“Other organisations may call this role Community Support Worker, Residential Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Social Care Worker, Social Care Assistant or, Bank HCA, Healthcare Assistant or Carer.”
If being a Support Worker sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provid you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler – just click on the button below to complete the application process.
An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy – Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally