Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km’s of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open.
What you will be doing
We have an exciting opportunity for a career-minded experienced Engineer to work out of our Beckton site. As the Engineer your role will be to deliver a range of technical services that will be required typically through the engineering project lifecycle and in other operational initiatives and functions.
- Assessment of technical information and development of solutions, through the preparation of engineering deliverables such as delivery to task specifications, engineering reports, drawings, specifications, and datasheets.
- Delivery of project outputs, as part of a multi-disciplinary project or operational teams, in accordance with project or service delivery procedures.
- Delivery of planned statutory and maintenance shutdowns to time, cost, and quality.
- Communication of progress and additional resource requirements to the relevant manager.
- Management of statutory regulations and maintaining compliance of plant and equipment.
- In some instances, supervision of a small team to ensure delivery against objectives.
- Coaching and mentoring less experienced colleagues.
We’re looking for you to:
- Engineering degree or other appropriate technical qualification.
- Working towards or achieving relevant professional qualifications and/or membership of a professional institution.
- Typically, two years of experience in a related role.
- Good communication skills.
- Fully competent at using the appropriate Company IT systems and Office software.
What’s in it for you!
Do you want to be a part of a company that provides an essential service to our 14.4million customers? This is a great opportunity to join one of the busiest teams in Streetworks and get a unique experience of working directly with Highway Authorities, Thames Water, and its contractors. Our main goal is to investigate, and process reports of urgent and standard reinstatement defects while ensuring all the work is done as per the required timescales. You will gain exposure to the entire business and is an excellent opportunity to deal with a range of areas, increasing your communication.
This role is required to ensure accurate and timely processing of information provided by Highway Authorities in order to maintain good relationships with key Stake Holders, both internally and externally, and contribute towards maintaining excellent H&S standards on Thames Water’s operational sites.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding, and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements, and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion, and Disability Confident Leader and we are a Times Top 50 Employer for Women.
Click here to find out more about working at Thames Water
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally