Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do – whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications – is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world’s greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
• The Delivery Excellence, Security and Export Controls (DESEC) Team within Operations Support supports project delivery to our clients across the whole of the Critical Mission Solutions – International (CMS-I) business and the UK. It does this by working across the business to ensure it has the right people on the right projects, working in the right way to deliver value for our clients and for Jacobs. This role is based within the Security, Export Control and Risk Team within DESEC.
• Based at Birchwood Park, Warrington, and reporting to the UK Security Assurance and Reporting Manager, this role will focus on the maintenance of key business systems and the design and development of new tools to support the team and the business.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Here’s what you will need:
• An undergraduate degree in computer science, software engineering or any other STEM subject with a strong computational component or at least 3 years of relevant experience.
• Experience with developing Microsoft Access 2016/2019 databases using SQL Server as the data repository is essential.
• Experience with SQL Server 2014 or above including SQL Management Studio (SSMS) is essential.
• Ability to design relational databases, primarily in SQL Server.
• Ability to write complex queries for ad-hoc requests and data analysis, developing stored procedures, triggers, and functions within T-SQL.
• An understanding of Active Directory structures.
Ideally, you will have:
• A knowledge of database administration related skills for SQL Server and Oracle.
• The ability to understand front-end user requirements and problem-solving attitude.
• Oral communication skills to explain effectively technical concepts.
• Ability to design, implement and carry out database related assurance tasks specific to the datasets being used.
• Experience of modern software development under an agile framework.
• Experience of website usability development & design.
• A working knowledge of Oracle 11g, 12c or above.
• Knowledge of PL-SQL.
• Experience in Visual Studio solution deployment using Team Explorer/Team Foundation Server (TFS).
• Knowledge of SharePoint 2010/2013 or above.
• Cyber security experience would be beneficial but not essential.
• Expertise with Microsoft Excel.
• Must have the ability to achieve the criteria for SC vetting
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally