We are currently recruiting for an experienced Shift Manager, to help strengthen our depot operations team. You will be based in our Nottingham Depot (NG6 8YP)
In this role you will be managing a team of warehouse operatives throughout the night making sure that they are engaged, organised and motivated, whilst they unload the lorries that arrive into the Depot in the most efficient and timely manner . You will oversee the accurate sortation of the parcels to ensure this is achieved in line with Key Performance Indicators.
Other key accountabilities will be;
- Achieving the Depot objectives relating to Health & Safety, productivity, and cost to deliver outstanding service to our customers
- Resourcing additional staff at short notice in the event of any employee absence
What we’re looking for;
You will have experience in a fast paced operation with proven and demonstrable people management experience, involving direct accountability and responsibility for motivating and leading a high performing team. Additionally we would also expect:
- You will have strong communication skills with the ability to inspire, motivate and manage a team.
- Decisive and effective decision-making, problem resolution and time management skills.
- Demonstrate high levels of resilience, self-motivation and flexibility.
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to use Google chrome applications
- The ability to do comprehensive reporting, alongside analysis of data is a key requirement for this role.
- You will be highly vigilant to any unscrupulous activity taking swift and appropriate action when required.
- Demonstrate the core DPD DNA values of Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability.
You will have a comprehensive induction to DPD where we will go through the key processes that are required to make you a successful Shift Manager.
This role will require you to work night shifts. Our depots operate 365 days a year, therefore you will be required to cover any 5 night shifts, which will include weekend working.
A full UK driving licence is essential.
Your package will include a competitive salary and you will also be entitled to a competitive bonus scheme that is based on individual and company targets. As well as this you have access to some other fantastic optional benefits such as Cycle2Work Scheme, Dining Cards, Holiday trading and discounts and savings on 1000’s of retailers.
DPD is a Valuable 500 company and a Disability Confident Employer
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally