About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly organised individual to become part of our established Third Party Damage Claims team to help meet key targets for cost recovery across various areas of the business.
We are looking for an experienced cost recovery specialist to join the team in Reading. The role demands an outstanding level of investigative, analytical, communication and decision-making skills to proactively identify and resolve complex damage claims. The role will also include coaching and mentoring others in the team.
The successful candidate will work closely with our partners in Operations, Developer Services and Capital Delivery, to capture all potential third-party damages as well as actively promoting the team to the wider business and encouraging everyone to report potential damages to us.
- Investigating damage caused by third parties, specifically high-value negligence claims across the Process and Network areas of the business.
- Issuing claims against third parties, liaising with other teams within the wider group to ensure costs are calculated correctly and claims are issued and managed through to resolution.
- Arranging and attending site meetings as required.
- Liaising with our legal team to pursue complex cases.
- Building relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Identifying areas for improvement and working collaboratively with the management team to deliver it.
- Taking ownership of issues/problems identified and managing through to resolution.
- Mentoring other members of the team.
The successful candidate will require:
- Previous experience in issuing and dealing with claims.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Excellent relationship management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and effectively prioritise conflicting requirements.
- Good knowledge of water and wastewater operations.
- Experience in relationship development and working with others to deliver results.
- Willingness to help colleagues as well as share knowledge and best practice.
Salary & Benefits
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days of paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Click here to find out more about working at Thames Water
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally