Overview of the role
– Work with Technology Development and partners to ensure all software is tested to the right level using Agile practices
– Craft test cases and execute the test strategy using pre-defined testing methodologies, ensuring that there is traceability between the testing implementation and the requirements / acceptance criteria
– Ensuring that automated test activities are conducted in preference to manual testing where feasible and more efficient
– Ensure that all application & technology testing is carried out in accordance with testing standards defined in the strategy
– Build and execute manual, automation or non-functional test cases and ensure that test status, risks and issues are reported in a timely manner using the agreed reporting standard
– Craft, validate and report defects in accordance with the defect life cycle documented in the Test Strategy
– Analyse Non-functional requirements and liaise with Architects and provide inputs to the Non-functional test strategy
– Working with 3rd parties to provide or give Test Assurance on TfL or 3rd party deliverables
– Agile Scrum methodology
– BDD with Specflow (Gherkin/cucumber)
– Full stack automation testing best practices
– C# object orientated programming.
– RESTful APIs
– Mobile testing
– Different test types and shift left testing
– Accessibility and compatibility testing techniques
– Micro service and serverless cloud architecture with Azure or AWS
– A good view for full system end-to-end testing
– Testing with tools/libraries such as Selenium Webdriver, HTTPClient, Pact.io, Postman, JMeter, Appium
– Strong analytical, analytical skills and good attention to detail
– Strong automation testing skills; able to implement robust test frameworks for front-ends and APIs
– Strong manual exploratory testing skills
– Can manage builds and releases in Azure DevOps
– Ability to build effective working relations with people at all levels across the organisation and outside
– Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills including ability to explain complex information with agile development teams including the test design and defect reporting
– Ability to analyse complex systems, spot trends, draw conclusions, and produce specifications and decisions
– Exposure to automation or performance testing tools like Selenium Webdriver, Appium, Visual Studio Load test, HP Load Runner, IBM Rational Performance Tester etc.
– Extensive experience of collaborating with software development teams in multi-vendor environments to incrementally deliver systems that are tested efficiently and of high quality
– Extensive experience of leading the testing of complex systems under significant pressures of time and cost
– Extensive experience working in Agile scrum teams, large-scale scrum experience advantageous
– Broad experience of the full systems development life cycle in an agile environment
– Broad experience in Automation. Performance testing experience advantageous
– Broad experience in test artefacts such as test case and defects
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 28th September 2021 @ 23:59
Please note: We reserve the right to close the application window early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
Additional Informatio n
Please note that you must apply by using your CV and a covering letter. Please think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience outlined in the job description and ensure your CV reflects the requirements of the role.
Due to the pandemic, we’re conducting interviews by MS Teams however the usual interview preparation tips still apply.
We will endeavour to give candidates as much notice as possible however some interviews/assessments will be organised at short notice and will require a degree of flexibility.
In return for your dedication and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area and role, but may include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
• Tax-efficient childcare payments
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to have a workforce that is truly representative, at all levels, of the city we serve. We welcome applications from all people to ensure we have diversity in background, thought and experience. This will enable us to become a more innovative and efficient organisation and help us meet the needs of our customers.
Our goal is to make our recruitment practices as bias-free and inclusive as possible. We are a disability confident employer who guarantee an interview to any disabled candidate who meets all of the essential criteria.
We also use anonymising software that removes identifying information pertaining to your protected characteristics such as your name, gender, faith, ethnicity, disability status, age, sexual orientation, from CVs and cover letters to make the shortlisting process fair. When applying for this role, please make sure your application clearly outlines your relevant skills, knowledge and experience, detailing in each previous job what you were responsible for, what you delivered and what your achievements are.
Crime & Disorder Statement
It is a statutory requirement for all departments in TfL to follow Section 17 of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998.
Section 17 requires authorities to consider the likely affect on crime and disorder and community safety in all that they do, and take action to prevent crime and disorder, substance misuse, anti-social behaviour and behaviour that adversely affects the environment.
TfL has voluntarily been committed to following Section 17 since 2006, but we must all make sure that it is considered in decision making, policies and procedures in the same way that equality and health and safety are.
Health & Safety Statement
All employees have a general duty in law to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
All employees must understand and be committed to Transport for London’s Health and Safety Policy statement and the Company’s safety priorities and be aware of their contribution to such priorities.
All employees must also be aware of and comply with the current health and safety legislation and other Company requirements that are relevant to their job.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally