Are you passionate about delivering high quality, engaging, respectful and dignified care and support to adults with a learning disability in the Sandwell area? If so, we are looking to recruit a Senior Support Worker to join our friendly supported living team.
At our services in Sandwell, West Midlands we provide quality care and support to adults within a Supported Living setting. Our mission is to provide an environment in which people can live independently whilst receiving bespoke packages of care and support that meet their needs. We are looking for someone who can lead a team of dedicated workers in achieving positive outcomes for service users; this will include organising activities, helping to coordinate and deliver individual packages of care and support whilst maintaining community links. The role will entail supporting 2 gentlemen who live together in the Sandwell area to live meaningful lives by maintaining strong links to their communities.
The gentlemen we support would like to be supported by someone who….
• Likes football (playing and watching!)
• Has high energy who likes to go out
• Will support the gentlemen to go to church
• Day trips to the seaside
• Plays pool
• Likes to have the occasional take away
• Has a good sense of humour
• Has a gentle, caring nature
Your role will include:
– Provide excellent, respectful personalised care and encourage service users to engage in a wide range of exciting activities,
– Helping to coordinate and deliver unique packages of care and support to all service users,
– Assisting our Team Leaders and Registered manager in ensuring all service users receive the highest quality and care and support,
– Shared responsibility for coaching and deploying staff and managing rotas,
– Willingness to work flexibly according to the needs of the service to include daytimes, evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
At least two years’ experience in providing care and support to adults with learning disabilities is essential for this role. As Senior Support Worker compassion, motivation, diligence and an ability to empathise with individuals is also essential.
You must be warm, well organised, and conscientious and demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills. You will be required to work on a rota, undertaking early, late and weekend duties as required.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
– Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme,
– Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate,
– Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
– Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff,
– All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out of hour’s teams.
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We expect all applicants to Creative Support to have had at least their first Covid 19 vaccination prior to starting employment with us and to be committed to having the second vaccination within a 3 month period.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally