Due to continued growth within DPD we are now looking to recruit an experienced Senior Software Developer to join our IT Department who are based in Oldbury (B69 4DA).
As a Senior Software Developer you will own important business critical products, and work to fix any common issue quickly, and be able to find resolutions for complex issues.
Other key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Collaborate with solution architects in conceptualising and developing software solutions
- Building, deploying and maintaining our scalable products and services
- Consistently write, translate, and code software according to specifications and standards
- Leading developers to mentor and ensure standards and process are followed
- Manage project changes through to completion for multiple products and systems
As a Senior Software Developer you ideally will hold a GCP Professional Developer certification. If not, you will be required to pass a GCP Professional Developer certification within the first year of your employment with DPD.
It would be advantageous if you held a computer science degree, however this is not essential. You must however be able to evidence commercial experience working as a developer and be able to evidence leading project changes within a team and mentoring others to help grow and teach.
It is important for you to evidence the DPD DNA and be able to take accountability for issues and demonstrate strong problem solving skills (numerical, logical and abstract). Core values of DPD – Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability.
We are also looking for the successful candidate to;
- Develop solutions primarily in Node and React
- Be comfortable using git, github and contributing to pull requests
- Have knowledge of serverless solutions. Google Cloud Platform experience is advantageous
- Work well in a mixed team of developers, architects and UX designers
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders and project managers when required
- Have incredibly strong debugging skills
- Effectively make decisions for the benefit of the company based on facts
Your package will include a competitive basic salary. As well as this you have access to some other fantastic optional benefits such as Cycle2Work Scheme, Dining Cards, Holiday trading and discounts and savings on 1000’s of retailers.
If successful you can look forward to the exciting prospect of joining an increasingly successful and expanding business that has revolutionised the express parcel industry and continues to define its outlook for the future.
DPD is a Valuable 500 company and a Disability Confident Employer.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally