Are you looking for a new role in a high-profile and fast-paced environment, working within a dynamic team?
It’s an exciting time to join us!
We are a friendly and high-profile team sitting at the heart of economics and finance issues in the Treasury, ensuring a lot of ministerial interest. While working in a fast-paced policy environment, we support a diverse range of working patterns and styles. We value a broad range of experiences within the team.
You will work independently to handle the entire portfolio of BEIS spending; reacting rapidly to emerging, often high-profile issues; and providing advice to the Chancellor, Chief Secretary and senior Treasury officials on key spending issues.
Key accountabilities of the role will include:
- Advising on and leading analysis for BEIS’s settlement at Spending Review – building detailed understanding of the budgets and spending bids, supporting Ministers in decision making and seeking out opportunities for a more efficient use of resources.
- Leading on BEIS spending control – Owning more than £30 billion of annual public capital, resource and admin expenditure, interpreting and challenging information on spending and risk
- Line management of one policy adviser – supporting them to deliver high-quality work and providing them with effective mentoring to aid their development.
Building and maintaining positive relationships with partners is a key feature of this role, as is being able to make decisions using a range of evidence and coordinating a team to deliver to deadlines.
- 25 days’ annual leave (rising to 30 after 5 years), plus 8 public holidays and the Queen’s birthday (unless you have a legacy arrangement as an existing Civil Servant)
- Flexible working patterns (part-time, job-share, condensed hours)
- Access to a generous Defined Benefit pension scheme with employer contributions.
- Onsite restaurant and coffee bar. The London office also offers a gym, showers and prayer room
- Access to a cycle-to-work salary sacrifice scheme, season ticket advances and payroll giving
- Access to a retail discounts and cashback site
- A Rental Deposit Advance Scheme to help meet the total costs of deposits for privately rented homes
- A range of active staff networks, based around interests (e.g. analysts, music society, sports and social club) and diversity (e.g. women in the Treasury, ethnic minority network, LGBT* network, faith and belief network)
Our recruitment process is underpinned by the principle of appointment based on fair and open competition and appointment on merit, as outlined in the Civil Service Commissioners’ Recruitment Principles. If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with these principles and you wish to make a complaint, you should in the first instance contact HMT by email at: [email protected] If you are not satisfied with the response you receive, you can contact the Civil Service Commission, which regulates all Civil Service recruitment.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally