This is an exciting opportunity to join our Transportation business unit delivering services centred on key transportation markets to clients principally across the United Kingdom but through our networks and growth strategies supporting projects across the world.
You will be joining the Technology Solutions group with teams across the UK this role would be based in our Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester or London offices whilst offering flexible working.
You, as a part of our ITS team will provide strategic, feasibility and designs to a range of clients including Highways England, Local Authorities’ and Private clients across the UK. The work includes all the technologies in managing our transportation network including: –
• Traffic Signals;
• Variable Message Signing;
• Enforcement systems (Speed / Weight / Emission);
• Detection systems;
• Development of solutions supporting Connected and Autonomous vehicles.
Responsibilities will include:
• Technical lead on projects;
• Leading the preparation of designs at feasibility, optioneering, planning and detailed design stages;
• Working with colleagues across our network of offices both in technology solutions and other disciplines;
• Programme and cost monitoring;
• Delivery of technical specifications and contract documentation;
• Preparation of technical reports, feasibility studies, designs, specifications and contract documents;
• Completing on site commissioning and monitoring;
• Liaison with clients, electricity suppliers, contractors, professional organisations, sub-consultants and other design teams.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Experience of design;
• Experience of liaising with clients, the public, stakeholders and local authorities;
• Knowledge of Highways England (HE) or local authority requirements for relevant projects;
• Experience of carrying out operational site assessments;
• Clear communication skills and the individual must be able to develop strong technical credibility with the client and be able to foster relationships in a partnering environment;
• Experience of site commissioning;
• Good technical report writing skills;
• Use of operational modelling tools Linsig where core skills are Traffic signals.
• Relevant qualification Higher National or Degree in Technology, Science, Civil Engineering etc;
• Professional status IHE, ICE, IHT status or equivalent or demonstrably working towards status;
• MOVA experience – design and commissioning;
• SCOOT experience – design and commissioning;
• Sector 8 accreditation;
• CSCS card held;
Grow your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, flourish, and succeed.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally