Who are we?
We’re the UK’s largest water provider, with over 15 million customers to serve every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We make a difference daily to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of water to around 10 million homes. Our main role is to ensure customers can turn on the tap and get world class drinking water 24/7. We also safely transport and treat waste, returning it back to the environment.
Delivering one of life’s essential services
We are excited to announce this new opportunity for a leader in our Customer, Risk and Controls area of the business, within Financial Customer Care (FCC) in Swindon.
We’re an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic, and we need you to help us to deliver an excellent service so we can continue to be there for our customers.
Within this role you will have a chance to make a real impact, responsibilities will include the identification of and then the overseeing of the management of operational risks. Assessing current, new, and emerging risks and agreeing with risk owners the acceptance or mitigation of risks and corresponding actions. You will be responsible for the monitoring & testing of the controls and oversee the assessment of customer outcomes from the front line.
What you’ll be doing
- The development and implementation of a risk management framework to support risk mitigation, control testing and quality assurance for our Financial Customer Care operation. Supporting the compliance and embedding of any improvement roll outs
- Delivery of key operational governance reporting, feeding up to executive level
- To define, monitor and manage the quality assurance approach into collections operations and wider impacting teams
- Working with the Head of Customer – Risk and Governance, you will be accountable for the identification of the risks within the department and the subsequent monitoring and testing of risk and controls, assisted by a direct report
- Support the embedding of a culture of risk and control management into collections operations, supporting the business to deploy change
You’ll have some experience in:
- Operational risk management
- Proven success in a leadership role within a complex organisation environment
- Proven experience in creating risk frameworks, culture and mechanisms from first principles
- Excellent planning and problem-solving skills within a complex business environment
- Benefit orientated with focus on customer outcomes, mitigation of credit losses, risk and reputational damage
- Proven experience in working with or in large operational teams
- Strong transformational leadership skills, with experience of managing, motivating and inspiring a high performing team
- Influential communicator with the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders across technical, operational and project teams
Here’s why you should join us!
Thames Water is a rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join us, you’ll enjoy our flexible working arrangements and be supported with progression and development opportunities. We’re proud to be a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Leader, Times Top 50 Employer for Women, Race at work charter signatory and Carer Confident great place to work. We also support local events and charities.
Our competitive salary and package include a competitive bonus, car allowance, private healthcare, an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday, increasing with length of service, access to money saving and benefits schemes and much more!
You can find our more in our working for us section of our website.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally