Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do – whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications – is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world’s greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
The Commercial function within the Field Services division of Jacobs CMS provides the support to the Commercial Manager and wider personnel outside of the Commercial Function with a full range of pre and post contract commercial services.
The candidate will be required to develop a close working relationship with the project teams, finance and sales departments and Clients’ representatives and should be able to demonstrate suitable technical qualities for the role. The role will provide the opportunity for the engagement on multiple projects from tender preparation and negotiation right through to delivery and completion
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Include, but not limited to the following:
• Work with the Commercial Manager in ensuring consistency and best practice ways of working across the business unit to achieve continuous improvement.
• Coach respective Operational personnel in relation to the Contract, Contract Administration, Contract Risk, Procurement, Forecasting and Contract Profitability.
• Review, understand and communicate Contract requirements to the Delivery Team.
• Work with the Project Controls Manager in the production of the monthly project cost reports.
• Ensure effective change control process and management of, is embedded within the relevant projects you are responsible for.
• Ensure Sub-Contract arrangements are put in place when required using the NEC suite of Contract Documents.
• Ensure correct administrative processes are put in place for management of these Sub-Contracts paying attention to change controls, early warning, compensation events, changes to scope of works and payment.
• Support the Project Manager in resolving commercial issues with the Client and implement strategies to avoid litigation/claims.
• Proactively support the Business Project Review Process.
• Submit cost reports for review by the Commercial Manager, to enable the utilisation of the data for cost forecasts, revenue and gross margin assumptions/submissions.
• Manage subcontracts from initial placement of order to final account including close liaison with procurement, planning and delivery teams to ensure that the order meets project requirements.
• Maintain effective, accurate cost control.
• Maintain registers of variations, delay, extension of time, early warnings and claims
• Collaboration with Business Development and Operations in developing value propositions that enhance our customers’ competitive position.
• Work with project teams to develop innovative solutions, that respond to client challenges.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Degree educated in Commercial management or other relevant qualification.
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Working knowledge of the NEC forms of contract
• Pre and post contract knowledge.
• Experience of cost forecasting and reporting, cost control, cost risk management, contract documentation preparation, contract administration.
• Exceptional commercial awareness.
• Security Cleared or the ability to obtain the required level of clearance
• Highly organised with meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to communicate confidently
• Hands on with a can-do attitude
• Excellent work ethic
• Ability to work autonomously
• Flexible with working hours
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally