Who are we?
We’re the UK’s largest water provider, with over 15 million customers to serve every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We make a difference daily to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of water to around 10 million homes. Our main role is to ensure customers can turn on the tap and get world class drinking water 24/7. We also safely transport and treat waste, returning it back to the environment.
Help us deliver one of life’s essential services
We are recruiting for an interim Purchase Ledger Clerk to join our busy Property Searches team in central Reading, Berkshire for 10 – 12 months.
We’re an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic, this is a great opportunity for you to join us to help us to deliver an excellent service so we can continue to be there for our customers.
This role is pivotal to providing specialist support where you will be dealing with conveyancing purchases, building, and maintaining relationships and deliver high quality service to clients, suppliers and key stakeholders. You will also work with the team to ensure the department is we have all accounts up to date and accurate.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Maintaining and creating reports for approval and for payments manual and automated
- Querying management and resolution for supplier accounts
- Dealing with debt reminders and negotiating debt and payments
- Identifying anomalies within the system and support in resolving them
- Working with relevant department / suppliers to resolve queries
- Managing monthly reconciliation of statements
- Ensuring accuracy and self-checking work
- Supporting with email correspondence in order to resolve queries, as well as follow up phone calls
You’ll have some experience of:
- Purchase ledger, invoicing and accounting
- Working within an accounts payable environment
- Dealing directly with customers to negotiate debt and payment of monies owed
- Excel, v look ups & pivot tables desirable
- Being confident to pick up the phone and build rapport
- Using various computer systems
Here’s why you should join us!
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join us, you’ll enjoy our flexible working arrangements and be supported with progression and development opportunities. We’re proud to be a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Leader, Times Top 50 Employer for Women, Race at work charter signatory and Carer Confident great place to work. We also support local events and charities.
Click here to find out more about working at Thames Water
Find and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter; Facebook and Instagram
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally