Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km’s of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open.
What you will be doing
Ventures is tasked with creating additional customer and shareholder value through the commercialisation of new and existing services, knowledge and assets from within the regulated Thames Water Utilities (UK’s largest water company) and non-regulated markets.
This role will support the Property and Ventures team. The successful candidate will help drive our Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and data strategy for Thames Water Property and Ventures, with additional focus on our Thames Tideway Tunnel Property interests.
The GIS data lead will be responsible for supporting the creation and maintenance of our GIS records, ensuring that all records are always accurate. In addition, you will be responsible for transferring and integrating all of Thames Water’s Tideway Property interests to Thames Water’s GIS system.
This role will work alongside a number of roles within the Property and Ventures team to provide GIS support and insight via spatial analysis of our data.
This role will also be responsible to provide advice, assistance and leadership in any area associated with the planning, procurement, provision, delivery, management, maintenance, training, or effective use of GIS and their environments (people, data, process, and technology).
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree level qualification in GIS or other related GI / IT discipline subject
- Experience in supporting land administration and Property
- Experience in GIS mapping, analysis, and data management
- Knowledge of land administration terminology and agreements
- Experience of managing GIS or similar projects
- Experience in Web GIS e.g. ArcGIS Online and Esri product stack
Essential Technical Skills
- Esri ArcGIS products i.e. ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro
- Esri Web GIS i.e. ArcGIS Online (AGOL)
- Publishing Web Services into AGOL, creation of Web Maps and configuration of hosted feature layers
- Experience of working with various data formats e.g. KML, CSV, Shapefile, File Geodatabase
- Data manipulation i.e. linking and joining datasets
- Database knowledge e.g. SQL Server, and querying of data held within it using SQL
- Strong analytical skills and ability to proactively think ahead of issues and change
- Strong problem-solving skills. Ability to identify an issue and find a resolution
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to produce material to a high quality and for executive/director level audiences
- Project management experience and an understanding project methodology
- Good knowledge of Ordnance Survey Licenced and Open Data products
What’s in it for you?
Our competitive salary & package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme.
We’re proud of the positive ways of working we have adopted during the pandemic. We want to create a more flexible and dynamic environment so all our colleagues can thrive. For our office-based roles we are moving to a hybrid approach where we will provide options around working from our offices, our operational sites and home dependent on role/team/individual. This will be discussed during the assessment process.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader and we are a Times Top 50 Employer for Women.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally