Hinkley Point ‘C’ (HPC) is a vital part of the UK’s future energy strategy. As the first of the UK’s next generation of Nuclear power stations, HPC is both of high profile and high complexity. Its delivery will be reliant not only on innovative engineering and construction but also on the strongest of Leadership qualities amongst its Senior Project Managers. The role is to provide leadership to ensure the effective delivery of the Civils Programme of HPC, whilst recognising and managing the impacts of the programme on the wider Project.
We are currently looking to recruit a Project Manager, who will take a responsibility for the direction and leadership of activities associated with the full life cycle delivery of a contract or work package assigned to them. You will provide leadership to ensure the effective delivery of the Civils Programme of HPC, whilst recognising and managing the impacts of the programme on the wider Project.
As a Project Manager, you will have to ensure delivery of all (or part of) the engineering, procurement, manufacturing, construction and commissioning activities for the life cycle of the contract or work package in accordance with the overall Project schedule. You will ensure planning and delivery is in accordance with all safety, quality, time and cost parameters to meet the needs of the Project.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Define the work scope to be delivered within the contract or package of work and the interfaces to the other elements of the programme
• Assist in securing the required resources to meet their project requirements, ensuring the maintenance of Suitably Qualified and Experienced Persons (SQEP) for any assigned resource and promptly identifying any personnel shortfalls or issues within their project team
• Develop and implement strategies and plans in line with the overall programme execution plan (PEP), setting out how the programme of work will be managed, organised and executed. The PEP sets out the “why”, “what”, “how”, “when” and “who” for the delivery of the programme
• Maintain effective communications with all stakeholders and executing the project or PEP strategies within their contract or package of work
• Drive the delivery of the contract or package activities to ensure they are delivered safely, on time, to budget, meeting business & technical requirements. Monitor and manage the progress of the programme – track progress against milestones, deadlines, budget and provide key stakeholders with reports on these matters
• Anticipate, manage, and resolve issues within the contract or package. Identify risks and facilitate the resolution of all issues raised, develop, and update the programme budget (PMB), and escalate any issues to the Delivery Manager (Senior Project Manager)
• Ensure level 3 schedules are developed and maintained for the contract or package of work. Ensure such schedules are consistent with overall Project schedules (levels 1 and level 2). Escalate any discrepancies to the Marine Project Director
• Review Contractor supplied Level 3 16-week rolling schedules/programme.
• Ensure the List of Deliverables (LOD) relating to the scope of work is delivered
• Apply the principles of Earned Value Management (EVM)
• Apply the principles of Continuous Improvement
• Ensure that lessons-learnt and knowledge-capture are practiced as business as usual.
• Interface with other programmes to ensure a high-level view of how the total project is progressing and to identify and adopt the use of best practice
• Ensure that contract or package contractual requirements are fulfilled
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all project team members
• Assess and where required obtain approval to instruct works.
• Drive production against the agreed programme
• Formal Weekly reporting
You will be characterised by the following knowledge, qualifications and experience:
• Track record of delivering projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment whilst ensuring high levels of safety, security and environmental responsibility within the Nuclear Energy sector or similar regulated environment
• Demonstrate success in managing / developing complex Civil projects
• Experience of successfully engaging groups of stakeholders
• Able to demonstrate strong management skills including project management, commercial management, change management and facilitation.
• Experience of managing contractors, consultants and other advisors throughout large and complex construction projects, in a regulated environment.
• Good presentation, influencing and facilitation skills.
• Excellent communication and organisational skills, able to develop relationships and maintain effective networks.
• Can demonstrate experience of managing project through the project lifecycle from concept to handover
• Understand how to apply a graded approach to quality and safety
• Be able to write clear and concise reports
• Understand how decision making and change management can affect cost
Desirable knowledge, qualifications and experience:
• Familiar with Marine environment
• Previous experience with working on offshore activities
• Civil Engineering background
• Excellent safety track record
• Educated to degree level
• Preferably professionally qualified
• Used to working in a collaborative environment
• Knowledge of NEC option C contract conditions
• Experience of Dredging works
• Preferable shaft installation / offshore piling experience
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
These roles are advertised on a full-time/part-time basis as standard with the opportunity to discuss flexible working arrangements.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally