Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open.
We are building the in-house capability to understand how its physical assets are performing and when to make appropriate operational or capital interventions.
What you will be doing
This is a high-profile Senior Leadership role where you will have overall accountability for the delivery of water and wastewater network programmes in the Thames Valley.
This will be achieved by managing and assuring the performance of Thames Water Senior Project Managers, Project Managers and its framework Contractors to safely deliver multiple projects and programme outcomes to time, cost and quality.
You’ll have 5-10 direct reports and ‘own’ the relationship with framework contractors.
You’ll be responsible for the delivery of a programme of projects between £300m – £500m such as water network replacement projects, trunk main replacement and reinforcement and sewer flooding prevention projects.
Promoting the development, performance and continuous improvement of the Project Team and Supply Chain, you will have high focus on the delivery of enhanced health, safety and environment outcomes, as well as customer delight and commercial performance.
Some key responsibilities for the role include:
- Developing and delivering an optimised programme to achieve all regulatory, statutory and internal outputs, deadlines and targets.
- Commercial, financial and proactive risk management
- Delivering successful technical solutions that provide optimal value for money on capital and whole life cost basis.
- Maintaining a strong external stakeholder relationship to actively protect and enhancing Thames Water’s reputation to external customers.
- Encouraging and implementing innovation from supply chain to develop a continuous improvement project culture.
We’re looking for you to:
- Ideally be from a water industry background working on high-value projects in a similar capacity
- But you might have relevant engineering infrastructure and Capital Programme experience gained from working in the telecoms, gas, oil, rail, aviation, or other utilities industry.
- Have proven experience managing contractors and the overall performance of project management teams.
- Be educated to degree level with further professional/management qualifications or have outstanding role-specific experience.
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of success in the delivery of significant capital programmes at a senior level.
- Possess a strong commercial approach with a good level of contract knowledge.
- Be able to take on management responsibility in different functions and businesses and direct through challenging periods, with a focus on improving business performance.
- Proven process improvement design and implementation capability.
- Strive to achieve stretch targets with a desire to continually exceed expectations
- Have a positive, objective, calm and realistic approach to challenges and risk decisions
Our salary and benefits package include:
- A competitive bonus opportunity
- Car allowance
- Private healthcare
- Excellent contributory pension
- 26 days holiday increasing with lenght of service
- Wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus discounts at a wide range of retailers via Benefits on Taps
- Referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company
We’re proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally