Are you passionate about having a career in Procurement? We have an exciting opportunity for an apprentice to join us on a 2 year apprenticeship, with an immediate start where possible.
Joining our professional procurement team, you will provide support in the delivery of procurement initiatives ensuring value for money and compliance with UK Procurement Regulations in the purchase of goods and services.
Main job responsibilities:
- Taking a lead role in managing the end to end sourcing process for specified low value tender exercises.
- Providing support for complex procurement projects and gaining an understanding of the full procurement cycle.
- Analysing internal reports to identify spend patterns. Creating and presenting management information reports, highlighting opportunities where improvements can be made.
- Managing day to day queries with support from the wider Procurement team.
- Ensuring the contracts register is maintained and internal procurement guidance is published.
We're looking for:
- Minimum of two A Levels (or international equivalent) or a CIPS Level 3 Advanced Certificate
- An interest in pursuing a career in procurement
- A knowledge of procurement methodology and best practice
- Good numeracy skills with the ability to confidently handle numbers and interpret financial information
- Flexibility and time management skills to handle multiple and varied projects
Our People Strategy presents a clear picture of how we will achieve our Corporate Plan aim, ‘Be an exceptional place to work that attracts, develops and retains talent’. The Strategy focuses on three key themes that help us support our colleagues to make a difference to our customers, the communities we serve and to themselves.
It is important to us that we have a diverse workforce, representative of the communities we serve. Equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) to us means colleagues living our values, dedicated to doing the right thing and exercising good judgement. This will encourage a culture where all can thrive, acknowledging that everyone is different; what matters to us is that everyone can come to work and feel comfortable to be themselves.
We are proud to be accredited as a Disability Confident Employer and ensure that disabled people and those with long term health conditions have the opportunity to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations while working with us. We want to make it clear that we welcome disabled applicants for all our roles. If in doubt look out for the Disability Confident logo.
We will ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will interview applicants with a disability if they meet the essential criteria for a role. We will also support existing colleagues with a disability or long-term health condition enabling them to stay in work, making reasonable adjustments if necessary.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally