Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km’s of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open.
What you will be doing
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join us at Thames water as a Process Technician at one of our waste treatments sites. Your role will be to ensure that our wastewater treatment works are running safely and efficiently and to provide support to the Technicians.
You will be responsible for monitoring and inspecting equipment, following a checklist to carry out maintenance, whilst ensuring the equipment is working by doing a test run. You will be required to report any defective equipment, to ensure a swift resolution following any breakdowns, whilst attempting a first-time fix.
You will be expected to take ownership of your own and colleagues health and safety through escalating any concerns to your manager or resolving them yourself where possible and appropriate.
We’re looking for you to:
- Have basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Previous operative experience would be beneficial but is not essential – we welcome people who are keen to learn
- Must be prepared to be trained in safety procedures
- Some computer data input /enquiry experience is desirable however not essential. The ability to operate modern technology as work will be scheduled through this system
- You will be a team player and must be passionate about your own personal development and keen to learn a new industry
- Due to the nature of the role a full, valid UK driving licence is required
What’s in it for you?
You will receive full training for health & safety and plant-related processes. You will join a close-knit team with a family feel and gain invaluable experience from your mentor and the wider team who will ensure you feel supported throughout your training and beyond.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader and we are a Times Top 50 Employer for Women.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally