About the role:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Process Technician in the Didcot area. As the successful candidate, your role will be to perform a range of assigned front-line activities including operation, testing, routine checks, maintenance, and problem-solving to ensure that services are delivered to time, cost, and quality standards. In some cases, this may include planned and preventative maintenance of equipment to support the operation of the plant.
- Operation of plant and equipment.
- Cleaning, basic maintenance, and fault-finding.
- Monitoring, collating, and reporting of data to ensure statutory and regulatory compliance is met.
- Undertake safety and security checks.
- If qualified, this may include the planned and preventative maintenance of equipment to support the operation of the plant.
- Take personal responsibility for the health and safety of self and colleagues.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Basic literacy and numeracy required plus completion of NVQ level 2 units – as a minimum (or equivalent).
- Must have working experience ideally within the water or a relevant industrial processing/engineering environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of Water Treatment for public supply would be an advantage
- Good communication skills
- Good Computer Skills required Microsoft Word, Excel, and Lotus Notes.
- Must be prepared to be trained in safety procedures including Confined Space Entry.
- A full current driving licence is essential for this role
What’s in it for you:
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service, and much more, including our referral scheme. You can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days of paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Click here to find out more about working at Thames Water
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region, and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding, and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements, and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion, and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally