About the role:
We Are currently recruiting for a Process Technician on a permanent basis to be based out of our Wargrave Waste treatment Depo. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for monitoring and inspecting equipment, following a checklist to carry out planned preventative maintenance, whilst ensuring the equipment is working by doing a test run.
You will be required to report any defective equipment, to ensure a swift resolution following any breakdowns, whilst attempting a first-time fix.
You will be expected to take ownership of your own and colleagues health and safety through escalating any concerns to your manager or resolving them yourself where possible and appropriate. This will involve making sure the work area and site is safe before commencing any work by undertaking a point of work risk assessment.
You will be expected to attend all team meetings, engage with safety briefings and company communications, identify issues, and raise constructive feedback with the management team, with suggestions for improvements.
- Operation of plant and equipment.
- Cleaning, basic maintenance and fault-finding.
- Monitoring, collating and reporting of data to ensure statutory and regulatory compliance is met.
- Undertake safety and security checks.
- If qualified, this may include the planned and preventative maintenance of equipment to support the operation of the plant.
- Take personal responsibility for the health and safety of self and colleagues.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- We are looking for someone who wants to get stuck in.
- You will be a team player and must be passionate about your own personal development and keen to learn a new industry.
- Due to the nature of the role a full, valid UK driving licence is required.
- You must be prepared to be trained in safety procedures.
- You will have basic literacy and numeracy skills and some computer data input /enquiry experience is desirable however not essential.
What’s in it for you:
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service, and much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days of paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally