Prisoner Offender Manager
HMP Lowdham Grange, Nottinghamshire
Salary £21,803 + Benefits
Here at Serco we’re looking for a Prison Offender Manager to join us at HMP Lowdham Grange based in Nottinghamshire. The successful post holder will lead the management and assessment of low to medium risk prisoners and be required to prepare, implement, review and evaluate their sentence plans. You will be required to build effective, appropriate and supportive relationships with prisoners with the aim of reducing reoffending and you will provide support to Probation Offender Managers in the case management of high-risk prisoners and co-work cases to undertake a range of offender management tasks.
The successful applicant will be line managed by the OMU Managers who report directly to the Assistant Director of Reducing Reoffending. They will work within the wider team of the Offender Management Department and develop close working relationships with Probation.
Responsibilities will include the full range of offender management tasks with low to medium risk cases, no ownership of high-risk cases will be held but support will be offered to Probation Offender Managers in the case management of high-risk prisoners as and when required.
As part of this you’ll:
- Interview prisoners within required timeframes of their arrival, setting appropriate targets and recording contacts on DPS
- Attend relevant meetings such as ACCT reviews, CSIP reviews, RIU reviews and other multiagency meetings.
- Lead sentence planning meetings to prepare and review appropriate plans. Coach, motivate and support prisoners to engage in education, employment and interventions in line with the sentence plan targets. Complete reports for the purpose of parole and attend oral hearings
- Liaise with Community Offender Managers regarding Release on Temporary Licence (ROTL) and Home Detention Curfew (HDC)
- Complete all paperwork for cases including lifer and ISP specific paperwork in line with relevant policies. Complete re-categorisation reviews for prisoners. Answer prisoner applications, complaints and legal correspondence
- Complete referrals for offending behaviour programmes and to other key services such as mental health and substance misuse.
- Perform Prison Custody Officer Duties as and when required if PCO trained.
What you’ll need to do the role
First and foremost, you’ll need to have experience planning and coordinating work as well as being able to communicate clearly verbally and in writing with all prisoners, staff and external agencies. It would be advantageous if you have a knowledge and understanding of risk management.
The successful applicant will be computer literate, able to work on their own initiative, approachable, efficient and reliable. We are looking for someone that can communicate at all levels, build strong working relationships and be a successful part of an ever-growing team.
Meaningful and vital work – You’ll contribute to the reintegration of ex-offenders back into society, helping them to address the factors that influence criminal behaviour and lowering reoffending rates
A world of opportunity – With six prisons across the UK and a breadth of roles, you’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people – You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team. who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Flexible and part time working considered
- 10-day pa CPD
- Pension – 6%
- Bike4Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services/prisons sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Serco Benefits package
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
We’re a Disability Confident employer and are committed to equal opportunities. If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally