Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km’s of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open.
What you will be doing
The Principal Mechanical Engineer is responsible for a team of engineers who support the creation of the ‘Intelligent Client’ we require to achieve our AMP7 ambitions and beyond. Focusing on the Mechanical Engineering discipline, you will provide the expertise needed to:
- Get the right technical requirements with the Project Definition Briefs
- Input and continuously improve Technical Asset Standards
- Deliver the engineering regulatory compliance on relevant assets in Mechanical Engineering
- Lead and support a team of engineers and third-party contractors
- Lead the mechanical input into asset surveys and plant condition assessments, feasibility studies, optioneering, whole life costing and preliminary designs
- Provide the technical sign-off and assurance during technical delivery including handover
- Support the establishment of a Centre of Excellence for Engineering
- Support the establishment of a cohesive, sustainable engineering structure from graduate to industry experts that leads Thames Water’s engineering requirements into AMP8 and beyond
We’re looking for you to:
- Be a credible leader with the drive and energy to deliver, leading and supporting your team, driving a culture of safety and performance management across all teams
- Have highly developed communication, influencing and interpersonal skills to clearly interact with stakeholders, and team members
- Be a recognised leader in Mechanical Engineering with considerable experience in the water industry
- Have a passion for continuous professional development and collaborative approach to driving diversity within engineering in Thames Water
- Be knowledgeable in sludge digestion and biogas plant systems design including primary and secondary sludge digestion equipment, biogas storage, handling and utilisation and CHP plant
- Understand the regulatory environment to achieve compliance with our engineering regulatory requirements
- Be degree qualified or equivalent in mechanical engineering with chartership through a relevant awarding body
What’s in it for you?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the newly established engineering team who are responsible for providing technical expertise to the business. You will help to shape the new engineering function and to design solutions for implementation as part of a wide portfolio of projects.
Our competitive salary and package include a competitive bonus, car allowance, private healthcare, an excellent contributory pension and 26 days holiday.
We’re proud of the positive ways of working we have adopted during the pandemic. We want to create a more flexible and dynamic environment so all our colleagues can thrive. For our office-based roles we are moving to a hybrid approach where we will provide options around working from our offices, our operational sites and home dependent on role/team/individual. This will be discussed during the assessment process.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding, and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader and we are a Times Top 50 Employer for Women.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally