Reporting to the Permanent Way (PWay) Discipline Lead, you will drive the delivery of PWay aspects of Railway projects to meet our clients greatest challenges whilst ensuring technical excellence and delivery.
• Carry out the duties of PWay Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE), Project Engineer (PE) or equivalent as required
• Ensure internal and contractor’s design/construction/specialists’ personnel have the correct competencies
• Manage all PWay engineering activities on allocated projects so that they result in schemes that are affordable and meet programme requirements in a safe and environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality
• Manage the design and/or construction elements of allocated projects ensuring they meet the requirements of current legislation, including construction design management (CDM) and CSM-RA regulations
• Provide advice in respect of all construction activities, including testing and commissioning and site supervision
• Assist the PWay Discipline Lead in developing a culture of technical excellence by driving a right first-time approach
• Monitor design and specialist consultants and contractors
• Assist the PWay Discipline Lead in the development of innovative solutions
• Identify and help to share best practice across all project teams
With UK centres growing in Birmingham, Manchester and York, we can be flexible with regards to location and encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours contracts. We anticipate that our return to work following the removal of UK restrictions will include a much greater mix of home working and office working. Our vision for our future offices is that they will be collaborative spaces where our employees come to gather to share ideas. For those who need to be in our offices on a regular basis, there will be places to work. For those who prefer to work more remotely, we will accommodate.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Degree / HNC or relevant experience
• Good communicator
• An understanding of the arrangements required for the independent assessment of work
• CDM, CSM-RA, risk assessment, Engineering Management competency
• Experience in people management
• A working knowledge of Network Rail and equivalent client Standards
• Specific experience of project development for PWay
• NR approval processes and deliverables criteria for PWay schemes
• Demonstrable experience fulfilling the role of Network Rail CRE or Network Rail PE
• Knowledge of quality assurance
• An industry recognised specialist in your technical discipline
• A passion for innovation and technical excellence
• Interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
• Complex Problem solver
• Delivers Solutions
• Customer Focus
• Situational Adaptability
• Strategic Mindset
• A Global Mindset and demonstrated ability to work across cultures and remotely with our Global Integrated Delivery teams
• Professional registration (IEng / CEng) with a relevant professional body Permanent Way Institution, Institution of Civil Engineers)
• Knowledge of structuring safety cases in support of projects
• An appreciation of environmental issues in engineering works
• Project safety management experience
• Knowledge of Bentley RailTrack, Bentley OpenRail, ClearRoute2 and Bentley MicroStation software packages
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please .
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally