Job Title: Planning Officer – Development Management
Salary : £23,632 – £27,978 (appointed grade subject to experience)
Full-Time: 35 Hours
Temporary: 2 year fixed term
A vacancy has arisen in Planning Development Management at Worcestershire County Council for an enthusiastic planner, who has good communication and negotiation skills and is keen to develop and widen their professional knowledge and experience in our busy Development Management Team. The Planning Development Management Team is a small and friendly service. This opportunity has arisen at a particularly interesting time with the new minerals and infrastructure applications expected in 2021 due to the county experiencing high levels of growth.
The role will concentrate on these key areas of work:
• Determining County Council’s own applications, such as new roads, bridges, railways, schools, and libraries.
• Determining County Matters (minerals and waste management) planning applications.
• Providing pre-application advice and guidance to potential applicants, including internal applicants.
• Discharge of planning conditions.
Additional information :
• The team exercise fair and balanced judgement in the evaluation and assessment of all planning applications and is responsible for the preparation of reports to the County Planning and Regulatory Committee making appropriate professional recommendations as necessary for presentation to the Committee in the determination of planning applications.
• This work also includes provision of planning advice on the County Council’s Permitted Development rights in its role, for example, as a Highways Authority. The team also work closely with colleagues in Strategic Planning in relation to the Council’s Waste Core Strategy, the emerging Minerals Local Plan and on other strategic planning matters as they arise.
• All the work is carried out in accordance with the Council’s Planning Code of Conduct for Officers and Members and the team work closely with colleagues in Legal and Democratic Services to ensure probity in the planning system and decision-making process.
• The team also answers day to day queries from Councillors, from members of the public, businesses and others.
We are looking for a friendly, enthusiastic and hardworking individual who is a real team player. The role will be based at County Hall, Worcester, and would be a temporary 2 year fixed-term contract.
Key benefits include a Local Government Pension Scheme, flexible working arrangements, including remote working and the Council is very positive about facilitating training to further professional career development.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact: Steve Aldridge (Team Manager – Development Management) Tel: 01905 843510, Email: .
We are inclusive – this is really important to us and we are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer.
Disability Confident is helping us recruit and retain great people to meet our workforce needs.
If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please let us know.
Application Closing Date : 14 March 2021,
Proposed Interview Date: 16 April 2021,
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally