Would you like to work for a leading mental health charity?
Do you want a rewarding career where you can really make a difference?
If yes, join us here at Rethink Mental Illness.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Physical Health Navigator to join our inspiring and friendly team. Your role will be a Fixed term-position, working full time, 35 hours per week based in Derbyshire.
Our Derbyshire Recovery and Peer Support Service provides goal focused 1;1 support, telephone support, mental health surgeries and the development of peer facilitators and peer groups across the county.
Who are we?
We’re Rethink Mental Illness, a leading charity provider of mental health services in England. We support thousands of people through our groups, services, policy, campaigns and advice and information. Our work supports us in delivering on our mission: “A better life for everyone severely affected by mental illness.”
In everything we do, we seek to demonstrate our values: Passion, Commitment, Openness, Hope, Expertise, Equity and Understanding. If these values resonate with you, we would love to hear from you.
What will you be doing?
- Provide support to those on the SMI register and who are known to DRPSS
- Contact those carers of those on the SMI register and those known to the DRPSS
- Support and encourage engagement to physical health support and activities
- Collaborative work on bespoke interventions to support engagement in physical health sessions
- Collect data to show outcomes and evidence on how the project is going
- To monitor the take up of the Covid 19 Vaccine
Do you have what we are looking for?
- Experience of providing support to people with a mental illness; or experience of providing care and/or support services within another social care setting in either a paid or voluntary capacity
- Experience in developing and running physical health programme
- Knowledge and understanding of recovery principles and embedding the ethos of recovery into your own practice
- The ability to make a comprehensive assessment of an individual’s situation and needs; to develop, implement and review risk management plans and devise support plans to meet these needs
- QCF Diploma or NVQ level 3 in Care or Certificate in Community Mental Healthcare (or working towards) or an equivalent qualification
Access to your own car is essential for this position as it necessitates travelling around the county.
What will you receive?
You will have plenty of opportunities to enhance your abilities with the opportunity to make a real difference every day. In addition, you will have excellent development opportunities including funded training, career development and a range e-learning courses. You will also receive:
- Salary of 17,433.82 to 19,860.93
- Annual increments up to the top of the band
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance and employee assistance programme
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Your "Rethink Day" – 1 day’s additional leave (pro rata) on your Birthday
- Eyecare vouchers
- Flexible working
Don’t just change jobs, change lives!
The safety and wellbeing of our service users and colleagues is our first priority, which is why it is now a condition of employment for anyone joining us that they have either had the recommended Covid-19 vaccine or agree to have it when offered by the NHS. You can find more information on our approach and why we have made this important decision in our attached Covid-19 vaccination information document.
We welcome applications from everyone, applicants with lived experience, those who are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning+ (LGBTQ+), people with a disability, or those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds are actively encouraged to apply. We are proud to have also been awarded Disability Confident employer status. We have an ambition of becoming an anti-racist organisation and we recognise there is more to do in ensuring our recruitment is fair and inclusive, which is why we are recruiting new roles in helping us to achieve this. Please be mindful that we may need to close adverts early if we receive a high volume of applications, we therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible. If a shortened closing date has a significant impact on your ability to apply, please let us know.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally