Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km’s of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open.
.What you will be doing
We are seeking a motivated and experienced manager to lead and develop a maintenance team of 10 multi-skilled operators. You will drive their personal performance and improve the overall engagement, whilst managing in line with HR policies and processes. Increasing customer service and operational performance within strict quality targets is vital to the success of this role and will be achieved in line with a strong health and safety focus.
Day-to-day activities will include managing a budget, ensuring statutory planned and reactive maintenance is carried out and effluent discharge compliance is maintained through effective performance management of our sewage treatment works.
- Process Management ensuring site compliance and the site achieves and maintains its required plant availability and reliability to meet quality targets at the agreed cost.
- Financial Management owning and managing the budgetary and financial activities of the team and driving efficiencies into the overall operational budget.
- Performance Management ensuring the team achieve optimal performance in terms of work management and you will be responsible for developing the team and introducing new skills and health and safety awareness.
- Customer & Stakeholder Management ensuring an exceptional service to our customers with early personal interventions as required.
- Health and Safety you will effectively lead the health and safety culture of the team as well as auditing the health and safety systems and processes.
We’re looking for you to:
- Have experience managing operational staff with a strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Previous experience in a people-manager role with a proven track record of engaging and developing a team, ideally with field-based members.
- Proven ability to taking the lead and achieving results in a difficult environment,
- Strong focus on and good working knowledge of health and safety.
- Experience managing the operational budget with a structured and proactive approach.
- Ideally, your technical knowledge of electrical and mechanical principals will be underpinned by a background in wastewater.
- You will need to be competent in using IT equipment/systems and be able to interpret complex Excel spreadsheets.
- Due to the nature of this role, full valid driving licence is needed
What’s in it for you?
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader and we are a Times Top 50 Employer for Women.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally