Operational Support Officer
HMP Lowdham Grange, Nottinghamshire
Full-Time (rota system)/ Permanent
£18,533 per annum + Benefits
Here at Serco we’re looking for an Operational Support Officer to join us at HMP Lowdham Grange based in Nottinghamshire. You will be responsible for providing a safe and secure environment within the establishment by working approved routines, systems and methods designated.
The postholder will carry out a shift handover from the previous shift, ensuring all cameras are on correct the areas and sign book accordingly. Record all faults/defects in the defect book and ensure that a direct line to Police Headquarters is tested twice daily (0600 and 1800) and faults reported to British Telecom (BT).
Be efficient in the use of all the security aids, and technical equipment, including the cameras, video system, lights, LIDS system and general fire alarms, and the monitoring of the Recall Telephone Recording System.
As part of this you’ll:
- Maintain correct radio procedure, each shift you will carry out a routine net test call via the UHF system, a test of the Mimic Board, camera functions and ensure all staff coming on duty have joined the net. Delegate first and second Response Teams.
- Regulate movement of prisoners and vehicles throughout the establishment, maintain Wing/Prison Roll Board and ensure there is constant communication with Gate and Reception to ensure Receptions/Discharges and Prison Roll are correct.
- Update the rosters for Duty Director, Controller, Doctor, DBA, and pager numbers of senior staff.
- Maintain a list of all prisoners on temporary release/home leave, and absconders, and retain relevant prisoner records (F2050s). In the event of the collator being unavailable, issue and receive escort bags, route forms, clothing forms and ensure contents of escort bags are correct.
What you’ll need to do the role
First and foremost, you’ll ideally have worked in a security environment or similar, but this is not essential as all training will be provided. Attention to detail in this role is key as any small discrepancy needs to be reported so appropriate action can be taken
The successful applicant will be computer literate, able to work on their own initiative, approachable, proactive and reliable. We are looking for someone that can communicate at all levels, build strong working relationships and be a successful part of an ever-growing team.
Meaningful and vital work – You’ll contribute to the reintegration of ex-offenders back into society, helping them to address the factors that influence criminal behaviour and lowering reoffending rates
A world of opportunity – With six prisons across the UK and a breadth of roles, you’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people – You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team. who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Flexible and part time working considered
- 10-day pa CPD
- Pension – 6%
- Bike4Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services/prisons sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Serco Benefits package
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident level 3 employer and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
At Serco we support fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the ‘Ban the Box’ pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required). Please contact our recruitment team
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally