An exciting new position has arisen for an experienced and communicative Official Veterinarian. The launch of this full time position will see the selected candidate take on and organise a large export project, mainly based around two local businesses, and will also support the existing farm vets in their routine work, namely TB testing.
Steffan Vets is a truly mixed practice and boasts a varied client base, up to date equipment and a forward thinking team. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of service to all which is helped by our marvellously experienced RVNs and support staff. Our home town of Lampeter is idyllically located in a scenic part of west wales, a short drive from both the sea and mountains.
The ideal applicant would be a great communicator and forward thinking. They would need to follow intricate procedures, make well researched decisions and have an aptitude for problem solving. Training will be given and an experienced OV will oversee the role. We would like to see the role evolve and incorporate some TB testing where again, communication would be key to the success of the post.
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits – various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally