Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km’s of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open.
What you will be doing
*Please note this role is a 12 month Fixed-Term Contract*
The purpose of the role is to complete risk assessments for network valve activities, minimising disruption to supplies and our customers. Working in line with regulatory targets with an always in supply approach, you will utilise our systems to provide technical guidance and advice while monitoring alarms. While looking towards process improvement opportunities and being able to converse at all levels, under demanding situations.
Key areas of accountability will include:
- Control access to the mains network, support inflight planned and reactive activities, while keeping key stakeholders informed
- Planned activities are to be completed first time by ensuring that all enabling is completed in a timely manner, resulting in reduced customer contacts from planned activities
- Support reactive work by carrying out risk assessments; liaising with field teams, escalating when required. While ensuring water quality compliance is adhered to at all times
- Follow and comply with company health and safety procedures, auditing practices and maintain records
- Act as technical support for isolation and rezoning; sharing information regarding network risks and other health and safety issues. While monitoring all alarms to ensure appropriate timely action is taken
- Work as part of the wider Water Control team, delivering a 24/7 service to our customers – working with agreed Control Strategies for planned outages
We’re looking for you to:
- Have previous experience in operating SCADA, GIS & company office IT systems
- Be able to follow specific instructions and guidelines
- Be educated to the appropriate level/qualification (e.g. NVQ Level 2 / City & Guilds / GCSE)
- Have previous knowledge of Water industry and regulations is preferred
- Understand key company operating procedures relevant to this role is ideal
- Be a good communicator with customer service skills
- Be passionate about providing exceptional customer service
- Able to work well as a team and under pressure
What’s in it for you?
This is an exciting role working within a great team. The role offers progression and development with the opportunity along with training to assist this. What we do and what we deliver in the business is a huge part of the role ensuring we have our customers and what we do operationally as our main focus.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme.
We’re proud of the positive ways of working we have adopted during the pandemic. We want to create a more flexible and dynamic environment so all our colleagues can thrive. For our office-based roles we are moving to a hybrid approach where we will provide options around working from our offices, our operational sites and home dependent on role/team/individual. This will be discussed during the assessment process.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader and we are a Times Top 50 Employer for Women.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally