Objectives/Purpose of Role:
The Site Supervisor will assist the Site/Project Manager of the smooth running of project (s) whilst maintaining the quality and cost control of the project.
- Maintain the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management and establish standards of quality on site and ensure delivery of a quality build in accordance with the project specifications and project requirements.
- Assist with the arrangement of works in accordance with project programs, track progress and control operations to achieve delivery of the project on time.
- Organize the works and supply chain to provide the right working environment to avoid disruption between trades.
- Work with the Site Manager to understand the client's priorities and adopt a professional and considerate approach to maintain good working relations.
- Undertake the works in the most economic manner to eliminate waste and avoid non-recoverable costs and preliminary losses.
- Assist Site Manager to control costs, timing and quality in line with targets.
- Assist Site Manager to work to agreed preliminaries budget.
- Adopt the best practice set by J Tomlinson and manage community relations.
- Ensure appropriate site image is maintained to encourage repeat business.
- Mitigate risks of complaints when working on/in and around occupied premises.
- Implement & comply with systems & standard procedures.
- Communication – To communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse range of people; tailoring style to suit the audience and promote free-flowing communication.
- Team Work – Working effectively with others, as a team leader or team member, encouraging teamwork and supporting others.
- Results Orientation – Demonstrating a commitment to achieve results against required standards.
- Planning & Organising – Ability to think ahead, plan, prioritize and schedule activities, along with monitoring and controlling outcomes.
- Problem Solving – The ability to identify issues, obstacles and opportunities. The individual must also develop and implement effective solutions.
- Managing Change – Seeking ways to bring about improvements in the way that work is done. The individual must also accept new, innovative ways of doing tasks.
- Coaching & Development – Facilitating learning and development to improve performance, skills and behaviors.·
- Impact & Influencing – The ability to persuade or influence others without coercion or force.
- Strategic Thinking – The ability to envisage and progress towards long-term objectives.
- Decision Making – The ability to analyze, define and justify options, and propose appropriate decisions.
- Commercial & Business Knowledge – The ability to interpret and understand business needs at individual, departmental, organizational or sector levels.
- (D- Desirable, E- Essential).
- ONC/HNC / NVQ3 in Building Services or individual trade discipline (D).
- Formal management qualification (eg ILM Level 5) (D).
- Full UK driving license (E).
- Being Authentic – Being open and honest and ensuring that everything is done with integrity. The individual must work within the team to solve the issue and find a solution.
- Valuing and Appreciating Everyone – The understanding that by having a diverse mix of skills, ideas and qualities, performance will be enhanced.
- Customer Plus – Satisfaction must be provided to everyone, whether that be internal or external. Customers are put first in everything that we do.
- People Realising their Potential – Encouraging others at being the best that they can be. The employee needs to be talented and has a range of skills and experience to achieve what is required and above.
- Delivering on Our Promises – Having the ability to listen, check expectations and agree on the commitment that is required, ensuring that this takes place.
- Providing a Safe and Happy Place to be – Ensuring that the environment that every individual is working in is a safe and enjoyable place to be.
- Living our Values – An individual has every right to be a value.
- Looking Forward – Identifying opportunities, threats and changes that require action.
- The Buzz – The ability to generate excitement, passion and pride within the workplace.
- Anything is Possible – ensuring that every opportunity and benefit is grasped by the company and by the individual.
- Ownership – Leading by example and setting high standards of conduct and behavior within the business.
- Integrated Solutions – The involvement of everyone in problem-solving to ensure that individuals have freedom, flexibility and space to be innovative and inventive.
- Successful Relationships – The ability to create and maintain successful relationships, both internally and externally.
About J Tomlinson Ltd:
J Tomlinson began its journey in the 1950s, after being founded by the Tomlinson family as an electrical contracting business focused on commercial contracts. The business steadily expanded from its base at Beeston, near Nottingham, and by the 1980s had become a substantial regional mechanical and electrical contractor as a result of organic growth and the acquisition of a local mechanical company. In the 1990s, long-term owners David Adams and Steve Kirkland developed the company further to provide a complete range of building solutions and services. Today, J Tomlinson offers a fully integrated solution covering the whole building lifecycle from new build to refurbishment, repairs and maintenance, engineering services, renewable energy solutions, and facilities management. Working across the East Midlands, West Midlands, North East England, North West England and Yorkshire, our teams are fully committed to providing a highly professional and personalised service, tailored to customer’s needs. In 2019, the company registered a record turnover of £91.2 million and was named Contractor of the Year at the EEM Building Communities Awards and the East Midlands BRICKS Awards.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally