Would you like to work for a leading mental health charity?
Do you want a rewarding career where you can really make a difference?
If yes, join us here at Rethink Mental Illness.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mental Health Care Navigator to join our inspiring and friendly Swindon Registered team. Your role will be a permanent position, working part time, 15 hours per week based from our CQC registered housing service in Swindon.
You will be integrated in a primary care setting and will work alongside mental health professionals to support people severely with personalised support. Specific to the role will be supporting mental health patients, with continuation of care and support. We ensure people are linked to appropriate community health and social care services and support networks.; reducing the risk of social exclusion or mental health relapse.
Who are we?
We’re Rethink Mental Illness, a leading charity provider of mental health services in England. We support thousands of people through our groups, services, policy, campaigns and advice and information. Our work supports us in delivering on our mission: “A better life for everyone severely affected by mental illness.”
In everything we do, we seek to demonstrate our values: Passion, Commitment, Openness, Hope, Expertise and Understanding. If these values resonate with you, we would love to hear from you.
What will you be doing?
- Providing Mental Health Care Navigation services in crisis services but will also work remotely supporting people in the community to avoid a hospital admission
- Taking a lead role in service user engagement, including facilitation of service user forums and support of any peer mentor schemes
- Assessing new referrals for suitability based on service criteria
- Attending multi-disciplinary meetings relating to referrals or clients in treatment.
- Working closely with other members of the team ensuring appropriate care and management is provided
- Recording and evaluating `outcome measures` as part of the ongoing therapy process
- Working in partnership with other disciplines and to maintain links with statutory and non-statutory agencies as appropriate
- Supporting the development of resources to support patients with Mental Health
Do you have what we are looking for?
- A full UK driving license and have access to my own transport
- A working knowledge of debts, housing, mental health, employment, and social prescribing
- Relevant experience in a comparable role
- Ability to make a comprehensive assessment of an individual’s situation and needs; to develop, implement and review risk management plans and devise support plans to meet these needs.
- Ability to operate at all times from an inclusive values base which promotes recovery and recognises and respects diversity.
- Experience of using clinical outcome measures to inform practice.
The safety and wellbeing of our service users and colleagues is our first priority, which is why it is now a condition of employment for anyone joining us that they have either had the recommended Covid-19 vaccine or agree to have it when offered by the NHS. You can find more information on our approach and why we have made this important decision in our attached Covid-19 vaccination information document.
What will you receive?
You will have plenty of opportunities to enhance your abilities with the opportunity to make a real difference every day. In addition, you will have excellent development opportunities including funded training, career development and a range e-learning courses. You will also receive:
- Starting salary of £21,703.54 per annum (pro rata)
- Annual increments up to the top of the band of £23,906.01 per annum (pro rata)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance and employee assistance programme
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Your "Rethink Day" – 1 day’s additional leave (pro rata) on your Birthday
- Eyecare vouchers
- Flexible working
Don’t just change jobs, change lives!
The Recruitment Advisor looking after this role is Rose Adams If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to drop her an email at or give her a call on 07775682782.
Just a couple of final things,
We welcome applications from everyone, applicants with lived experience, those who are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning+ (LGBTQ+), people with a disability, or those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds are actively encouraged to apply. We are proud to have also been awarded Disability Confident employer status. We have an ambition of becoming an anti-racist organisation and we recognise there is more to do in ensuring our recruitment is fair and inclusive, which is why we are recruiting new roles in helping us to achieve this. Please be mindful that we may need to close adverts early if we receive a high volume of applications, we therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible. If a shortened closing date has a significant impact on your ability to apply, please let us know.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally