About the role:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical & Electrical Technician. In the Banbury area. As the successful candidate, your role will be to inspect, maintain, fault diagnose, test, install, modify or repair as appropriate, mechanical plant and associated electrical equipment, in a safe efficient timely, and effective manner with minimum supervision. As well as Maintaining the required standard to ensure our statutory obligations are met, availability and associated performance maintained.
- To carry out electrical or mechanical installation work at a variety of industrial / construction locations involving several different processes.
- To carry out inspection and testing work of installations to check compliance with current Standards and Regulations.
- To carry out maintenance and fault finding complying with current Standards and Regulations
- Provide specialist technical advice where appropriate with up to date technical knowledge and provide training support for technical trainees.
- To comply with the Health and Safety at work regulations and Thames Water’s Health and Safety guidelines
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Preferably a BTEC HNC in a combined Mechanical and Electrical subject.
- Minimum: C&G Mechanical Engineering following an Indentured Apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering, plus C&G Electrical Engineering (Either Installation or Testing and Certification), or NVQ level 3 in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, under own initiative to design and standards.
- Knowledge and awareness of Health and Safety issues relevant to the industry.
- Valid driving licence.
What’s in it for you:
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service, and much more, including our referral scheme. You can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days of paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally