For more information on the role,
please contact:Stephanie Bell
Telephone: 01670 500690
Location – Longbenton
Potential earnings of £21,111* pa pro rata based on 47 sleep-ins per year
- £8.91 per hour
- Up to £70.05 payment for sleep-ins (plus 12.07% in lieu of holiday pay)
Find your place with us and help change lives.
We are one of the largest learning disability charities in the UK, supporting over 2,500 people through our friendly, supportive, creative and diverse teams.
About the role
We are seeking Support Workers to join us and support adults with learning disabilities to live the best life possible. We recognise that the current pandemic means we have had to adapt to change and in many ways we are now doing things differently but what hasn’t changed is our passion for standards and doing all we can to look after the people we support both in these current challenging times and in the future.
To keep the people we support and yourself safe and in line with government advice, opportunities to go out and about are limited, instead our Support Workers are finding fun and creative ways to keep people occupied at home, promoting health and wellbeing. In this caring and creative role, everything you do will enable people to have choices about their own lives, providing flexible services that meet people’s needs, and always looking for the best way of doing things.
The role requires supporting two gentleman at a supported living home in Longbenton. One of the gentleman enjoys swimming and going to the gym. One of the gentleman is a wheelchair user and loves music and sensory aides. Driver essential to drive mobility vehicle.
The purpose of your role is to give the highest possible standards of support to individuals with moderate to severe learning disabilities, in all aspects of their daily lives. You’ll be helping to ensure the people we support:
- Build confidence to develop interests
- Feel secure and safe
- Are provided with any personal care needed with dignity
- Increase their independence
- Are enabled to make as many choices as possible
- Achieve personal goals, which may include travel or holidays
We provide 24/7 support to some people, so you will need to have flexibility to work shifts, including nights, weekends and Bank Holidays.
A full UK/EU driving licence is also essential.
You don’t need experience of support work or any special qualifications for this job – you’ll get plenty of training along the way. Having the right values, a positive attitude to life and a desire to support people to live their life with as much independence, choice, dignity and control as possible is what matters most. You will need to have good listening skills and a practical, caring approach. You also need to have basic level IT skills to be able to use a computer as you will regularly need to record information about people you will be supporting.
We are currently restricting face-to-face training; therefore most of your training courses, including some aspects of your induction, will be online. But you will still be able learn from your colleagues in a supportive hands-on environment.
What we offer
We offer a range of benefits and career development opportunities. We’ll give you a comprehensive induction, full training, and support along the way. With Investors in People and Skills for Care accreditation we are committed to investing in you to ensure you have the specialist skills and expertise needed to support people to live the best life possible.
- Apprenticeships – earn whilst gaining a fully funded Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care with a Top 100 Apprenticeship Employer (ranked 11th in 2020)
- Access to the Hft Plus benefits package, which includes a great number of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out; but also an Employee Assistance Programme, with telephone and face-to-face support options
- Access to award winning training and development – Hft is one of only four charities to have achieved the Skills for Care ‘Centre of Excellence’ provider status
- Annual staff award scheme – The Fusion Awards, and peer recognition through our GEM awards programme
- 20 days holiday(plus 8 bank holidays) increasing to 25 days after a year of employment (pro rata for part time staff)
- A contributory pension scheme & life assurance
- Free DBS Check
- As a “key worker” you will benefit from government incentive schemes
Join us and help change lives.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Hft’s usual terms and conditions apply.
Hft is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. As a Disability Confident Employer, Hft is helping to ensure that disabled people have the same opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations that people without disabilities do.
Successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure check against the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Having a criminal record may not bar you from employment.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally