For more information on the role,
please contact:Maria Williams
Telephone: 01352 730790
Location – Shotton, CH5 1PP
- £9.25 per hour
Find your place with us and help change lives.
We are one of the largest learning disability charities in the UK, supporting over 2,500 people through our friendly, supportive, creative and diverse teams.
About the role
We are seeking Support Workers with a catering background to join us and support adults with learning disabilities to live the best life possible. We recognise that the current pandemic means we have had to adapt to change and in many ways we are now doing things differently but what hasn’t changed is our passion for standards and doing all we can to look after the people we support both in these current challenging times and in the future.
Rowley’s Pantry is a thriving Cafe in the the heart of Shotton. We support 6 adults a day to learn all aspects of running and working in a cafe environment. including but not limited cooking, waiting on, customer service, cleaning, cash handling and barista skills. We are looking for a support worker who has experience of a busy catering environment and who has patience, with a kind, supportive manner that can enable the people we support to develop skills and reach their potential. Experience of social care and people with a learning disability is not essential. This would suit someone who has been a chef or a cook.
The purpose of your role is to give the highest possible standards of support to individuals with moderate to severe learning disabilities, in all aspects of their daily lives. You’ll be helping to ensure the people we support:
- Build confidence to develop interests
- Feel secure and safe
- Increase their independence
- Are enabled to make as many choices as possible
Our cafe is due to reopen in July/August as further restrictions are lifted. The hours are currently 8.30 – 4pm, Monday to Friday however, in the future we are looking at flexible opening in evenings and weekends
You don’t need experience of support work or any special qualifications for this job – you’ll get plenty of training along the way. Having the right values, a positive attitude to life and a desire to support people to live their life with as much independence, choice, dignity and control as possible is what matters most. You will need to have good listening skills and a practical, caring approach. You also need to have basic level IT skills to be able to use a computer as you will regularly need to record information about people you will be supporting.
We are currently restricting face-to-face training; therefore most of your training courses, including some aspects of your induction, will be online. But you will still be able learn from your colleagues in a supportive hands-on environment.
What we offer
We offer a range of benefits and career development opportunities. We’ll give you a comprehensive induction, full training, and support along the way. With Investors in People and Skills for Care accreditation we are committed to investing in you to ensure you have the specialist skills and expertise needed to support people to live the best life possible.
- Apprenticeships – earn whilst gaining a fully funded Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care with a Top 100 Apprenticeship Employer (ranked 11th in 2020)
- Access to the Hft Plus benefits package, which includes a great number of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out; but also an Employee Assistance Programme, with telephone and face-to-face support options
- Access to award winning training and development – Hft is one of only four charities to have achieved the Skills for Care ‘Centre of Excellence’ provider status
- Annual staff award scheme – The Fusion Awards, and peer recognition through our GEM awards programme
- 23 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)
- A contributory pension scheme & life assurance
- Free DBS Check
- As a “key worker” you will benefit from government incentive schemes
Join us and help change lives.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Hft’s usual terms and conditions apply.
Hft is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. As a Disability Confident Employer, Hft is helping to ensure that disabled people have the same opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations that people without disabilities do.
Successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure check against the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Having a criminal record may not bar you from employment.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally