Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do – whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications – is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world’s greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
Owing to expansion within Jacobs Government Solutions, particularly in Bristol and at other MOD sites, we are currently recruiting for pioneering Integrated Logistics & Supportability Specialists to join our growing Defense Team.
Working primarily in the defence sector along with other specialists, staff from the MOD procurement and support organisations, designers and manufacturers in industry and the armed forces as end users you will be influencing and contributing to the cost effective through life support of equipment, platforms and systems. As an ILS Manager you will be responsible for the management, coordination and outputs across a range of activities and over all phases of the product lifecycle.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Here’s What You’ll Need:
You must have knowledge and experience of working with Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) or Integrated Product Support (IPS) standards such as Def-Stan 00-600 or ASD S Series. This will be demonstrated through:
• Solid understanding of the application of Integrated Logistics Support, Product Support or Supportability Engineering techniques
• Knowledge of the ILS disciplines and principles
• Formal relevant training from a recognised provider, including through the Defence Learning Environment
• Experience of practical management of ILS activities to deliver:
• Planning and defining a support solution from concept
• Designing and developing a support solution for the customer with suppliers
• Transition of a support solution into service
• Optimising availability and support performance through Upkeep, Upgrade or Update programmes
• Supporting the efficient disposal of equipment at its end of life
• Good Project Management, negotiation, and consultancy skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good skills with office productivity IT and awareness of logistic information systems and software tools.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally