Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km’s of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open.
What you will be doing
Taking a key role in Instrumentation, Automation & Calibration (ICA) engineering at Thames Water. The role will be part of an industry-leading electrical engineering team that can create the intelligent client Thames Water needs to be able to achieve its AMP7 ambitions and beyond. Focusing on the ICA engineering discipline, the role will provide the expertise needed to:
- Get the right technical requirements with the Project Definition Briefs
- Input and continuously improve Technical Asset Standards
- Provide design sign-off to Capital Delivery as the delivery stream dictates
- Provide technical assurance during the delivery, commissioning, and hand over of Assets
- Drive the digital advancement of our engineering within the Corporate Digital strategy
- Ensure and deliver the engineering regulatory compliance on relevant Assets in the ICA engineering area
We’re looking for you to:
- Have an engineering degree or other appropriate technical qualification in an engineering discipline
- Be knowledgeable and have relevant experience in Instrumentation, Calibration and Automation
- Support the establishment of a ‘Centre of Excellence’ for engineering
- Understand the regulatory environment to achieve compliance with our engineering regulatory requirements
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be naturally collaborative and confident to effectively communicate with colleagues, contractors and consultants and drive forward project delivery
- Have budget management experience
- Have a passion of continuous professional development and active approach to driving diversity within engineering in Thames Water
What’s in it for you?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the newly established engineering team, who are responsible for providing technical expertise to the business. You will be able to help shape the new engineering function and to design solutions for implementation as part of a wide portfolio of projects.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme.
We’re proud of the positive ways of working we have adopted during the pandemic. We want to create a more flexible and dynamic environment so all our colleagues can thrive. For our office-based roles we are moving to a hybrid approach where we will provide options around working from our offices, our operational sites and home dependent on role/team/individual. This will be discussed during the assessment process.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding, and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader and we are a Times Top 50 Employer for Women.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally