Hourly Paid Lecturers in Illustration
Faculty of Arts & Creative Industries
Location: Hendon Starting Salary: Enhanced rate £52.52, Basic rate £21.01 per hour (including outer London weighting) depending on activity Contract Type: Variable Hours – Fixed Term Date Posted: Tuesday 07 September 2021 Closing Date: Thursday 23 September 2021 Reference: ACIHP6 Job Details:
Middlesex University, London, is recruiting part-time hourly paid lecturers to join the BA Illustration programme. We are looking for lecturers to work within the Illustration area of the Visual Arts Department as an active member of a teaching team delivering excellence in all areas of Illustration with an emphasis on their own subject specialism appropriate to the needs of the student body.
You will be joining an established team of academics and technicians delivering an Illustration degree to a very diverse student cohort in the Faculty of Arts and Creative Industries at a London university. Illustration is well-established at Middlesex University, with facilities that are second to none.
The candidate should have knowledge and experience of current working practice and technologies and should be passionate about supporting students in producing high quality illustrative work. To succeed in this role you should have:
– A BA Hons Degree in Illustration or a related subject, and/or relevant professional experience.
– A commitment to and awareness of equality, diversity and inclusivity within your professional practice.
– A commitment to ensuring a high quality of student experience.
– The ability to understand the range of students’ experiences and needs to help support their creative experimentation, and shape their future career ambitions.
– Knowledge and experience of current Illustration practice with a focus on one or more of the following: Children’s Book, Graphic Novels and Narrative illustration, Editorial illustration, Reportage, Animation, Bookbinding, Printmaking, Illustration for Packaging and App and Graphic Design outcomes and relevant social media and online platforms.
– An awareness of sustainability, ethics and inclusive design practices.
– The ability to be a committed collaborator who works effectively within the course team.
It would be advantageous if you have some previous experience of teaching at higher education level, a relevant teaching qualification or accreditation, but this is not essential.
Appointments are for no more than 24 weeks per year, depending on need, and appointees have the option of joining the university’s pension scheme.
Hourly rates are on a scale depending on the type of activity, with teaching generally paid at the enhanced rate.
We particularly welcome applications from women and gender non-conforming individuals and people from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Backgrounds to join the team and help shape the future of Graphic Design education. All recruitment decisions will be based on merit.
We are a member of Athena SWAN a gender based charter, the Race Equality Charter, Stonewall Workplace Equality Index and Disability Confident. We are committed to improving employment opportunities for underrepresented groups.
We have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in the role profile.
To apply please submit a CV (using the University’s template under Additional Information) and a covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements of this role (as set out in the person specification of the Job Description) and send them to: N.Slonims@mdx.ac.uk stating the job reference number in the title of your email.
For more information please contact Nancy Slonims, Programme Leader for BA Illustration, N.Slonims@mdx.ac.uk
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally