Who are we?
We’re the UK’s largest water provider, with over 15 million customers to serve every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We make a difference daily to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of water to around 10 million homes. Our main role is to ensure customers can turn on the tap and get world class drinking water 24/7. We also safely transport and treat waste, returning it back to the environment.
Delivering one of life’s essential services
We’re an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic, and we need you to help us to deliver an excellent service so we can continue to be there for our customers.
Our Helpdesk Agents provide an excellent customer experience to customers while meeting agreed business performance goals. You will be supporting one of our Developer Services department where you have a natural ability to translate customer enquiries into business opportunities. This role will require the you to quickly grasp technical information about water & wastewater services and all Developer Services customer offerings.
What you’ll be doing:
- Establish and maintain positive customer relationships by delivering reliable and concise customer service for Developer Services clean water and waste water customers – via inbound and outbound calls.
- Establish customer requirements through effective questioning and accurately operate a range of computer based systems to log and action contacts, proactively manage cases and resolve customer queries/requests.
- Identify issues for escalations to line management or specialist technical teams
- Try to resolve the issue first hand
- Develop and maintain accurate knowledge of Developer Service products and services, systems and procedures. A certain level of technical expertise will be required in order to assist DS customers adequately.
- Provide support to colleagues and encourage other team members to achieve both individual and team targets.
You’ll have some experience in:
- Previous customer-facing experience – including inbound calls in Call centre environment
- Attention to detail, methodical approach
- Working within a targeted environment possibly KPI’s or SLA’s
- Ability to work in high pressure environment
- PC literate, numerate and analytical
Here’s why you should join us!
Thames Water is a rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join us, you’ll enjoy our flexible working arrangements and be supported with progression and development opportunities. We’re proud to be a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Leader, Times Top 50 Employer for Women, Race at work charter signatory and Carer Confident great place to work. We also support local events and charities.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 holiday per year, increasing with length of service, access to money saving and benefits schemes and much more!
You can find our more in our working for us section of our website.
Find and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter; Facebook and Instagram
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally